_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Axis - WWII
Armor and ground forces of the Axis forces during World War II.
Hosted by Darren Baker
[Help] Befehlstiger Radio Layout / Rack setup
Gr0gus
Visit this Community
France
KitMaker: 3 posts
Armorama: 3 posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 04, 2019 - 12:28 AM UTC
Dear Fellow Modeler,

I started last month a new ambitious project.

I wont detail all befelhstiger changes, that can be found everywhere, I'd rather want to focus on the Radio, and especialy the racks, all information below comes from the D656/2 and the D9023/1. it's reported that

In HULL: 1 set of radio equipment Fug 8 ( 30 Watt Medium Wave Transmitter and MW c receiver)
Mounted on rubber cushioned radio rack frame, on top of each other in medium auxiliary frame

30 WMc fitted on P20 US supporting device (Aufhangevorrichtung) , MWEc on medium auxiliary frame in the P20 UE Frame.
It would be replacing the standard issue Fug.5; by the transmission, facing right, roof suspended, by Radio operator left side.

Educated Guess:
“P”= Panzer aufhangevorrichtung, (10/20/…) = FunkGerat Watts/Frame Size?, „U“= überbrücken strapped?, (“S”= Senders / “E”= Empfängers.)

P10 USE – usable for smaller (10W) Emitters and Receivers.
P20 US – usable for medium (20W or 30W) Emitter
P20 UE – usable for medium (20W or 30W) Receiver

At 20W and 30W, the Emitter/receiver have a bigger form factor than the 10W, and D9023/1 classify them as “Medium Frame”.

In TURRET: 1 set of radio equipment Fug 5 (10 Watt Ultra Short Wave Transmitter and UKW e receiver) fitted in turret.
Both radios components are mounted roof suspended, on rubber cushioned radio rack frame P10 USE, on top of each other (übereinander), where on Befehlspanther (and supposedly on Tiger 2 Befehlspanzer) they seemed to be mounted on standard horizontal "double” P10 USE.

This variation was most likely due to limited horizontal space in Tiger turret.

Now comes the tricky question ; what is a P10 USE / P20 US/ P20 UE looks like ? Looking at Image Ressource Album would that be the Green Blue or Green part ?

Additionally, here is build of a befehlstiger B i found, but no ressource or documentation mentionned to help/support his build unfortunately KingTiger PzAbt.505

Thank in advance for any insight/support provided
ianalderman
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 23 posts
Armorama: 18 posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 04, 2019 - 05:20 AM UTC
Hi Romain,

these may help;

http://village.photos/members/Ian-Alderman/Radio-racks

Apologies for not posting the photos directly. I tried 3 times without success, so gave up.

Ian
Gr0gus
Visit this Community
France
Posted: Wednesday, September 04, 2019 - 06:35 AM UTC
OH MY GOD !
I've been looking for these for quite a while. Could you please indicate me the book reference you got it from ?

That's extremely valuable information, thank you so much!
it also "king of" validate my naming theory.
ianalderman
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
Posted: Wednesday, September 04, 2019 - 06:44 AM UTC

Quoted Text

OH MY GOD !
I've been looking for these for quite a while. Could you please indicate me the book reference you got it from ?

That's extremely valuable information, thank you so much!
it also "king of" validate my naming theory.

The information is from the hard to find, long out of print book; "Funk- und Bordsprechanlagen in Panzerfahrzeugen" by Hans-Joachim Ellisen

Removed by original poster on 09/04/19 - 21:08:11 (GMT).
Frenchy
Visit this Community
Rhone, France
KitMaker: 12,719 posts
Armorama: 12,507 posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 04, 2019 - 09:09 AM UTC
Looks like this book is available from Amazon.de and Amazon.fr (but it's more expensive from the latter...)

H.P.
ianalderman
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
Posted: Wednesday, September 04, 2019 - 03:42 PM UTC
I would snap one up at 35 Euros.
Gr0gus
Visit this Community
France
Posted: Sunday, September 08, 2019 - 08:17 PM UTC
For those interested, I have a combine thread here:
Of Belehlstiger Interior and Wittmann S04 - [Help needed]
https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?share_fid=2030700&share_tid=320730&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Etapatalk%2Ecom%2Fgroups%2Fmissinglynx%2Fviewtopic%2Ephp%3Ft%3D320730&share_type=t
 _GOTOTOP