_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
Spanish T28??????????????????
CaptainJack
Visit this Community
Luxembourg, Belgium
KitMaker: 793 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Saturday, July 06, 2002 - 01:00 AM UTC
Can anyone lead me on information concerning this theoretical beastie?? I read rumours that 1 was shipped to Spain during the SCW period. It's a project I'd like to attempt.

Jack be mysterious
Kencelot
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 4,268 posts
Armorama: 2,804 posts
Posted: Saturday, July 06, 2002 - 03:44 AM UTC
As far as all my records and research material goes, only one of these was sent to the Repubilcan Forces of Spain which would be nearly impossible to find it.
You could model a T-26 as nearly 300 of these were sent. Just a thought.
CaptainJack
Visit this Community
Luxembourg, Belgium
Posted: Saturday, July 06, 2002 - 05:23 AM UTC
Sorry Ken, I'm a one man band, with a one tracked mind, guess I'll do a Republican 3 tome camo scheme, and let everyone try and take pot shots at me. Cool idea anyways. What do you think colud of happened to such a beasite?? I could see it being used to plow Francos fields. However such a great publicity item surely would not have gone unnocticed?? Maybe it got sunk on the way, maybe it was destroyed by the incessant bombing. Maybe both combined? All viable possiblities, but I think the bombings might be the solution. Anyways i like to think of this tin Bolshevik pushing through towards Hill 666.

By the way where did you pick up that little snippet?

Jack the hopeless romantic. Must bring out the Hemingway in me!
Kencelot
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 4,268 posts
Armorama: 2,804 posts
Posted: Saturday, July 06, 2002 - 07:05 PM UTC
For online reference, I got that little "snippet" from here: Tanks

I also have the books "Tanks and Trucks of the Spanish Civil War" by John Wilson and the New Vanguard Series "Tanks in the SCW". Both of which mention it.

As far as modelling it...GO FOR IT!!! There could be no-one to dispute it's accuracy! Besides I think it would be cool. I have an interest in it too. Maybe I'll have to build one.
CaptainJack
Visit this Community
Luxembourg, Belgium
Posted: Saturday, July 06, 2002 - 08:01 PM UTC
Ken, Sir (soon to be wearing a new star??) Thanks, I think I shall dip into the fluids of crerative inertia.

Jack Nicholson #:-)
 _GOTOTOP