_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Modern - USA
Modern Armor, AFVs, and Support vehicles.
Hosted by Darren Baker
MILES Systems / Equipments ... help needed
chnoone
Visit this Community
Armed Forces Europe, United States
KitMaker: 1,036 posts
Armorama: 1,033 posts
Posted: Monday, September 23, 2019 - 08:05 PM UTC
To all stations !

I would need some help on the MILES Systems and equipments / devices which are currently in use. I believe to have identified two common types ... the previous one with "Flashlight" indicator and a newer type apparently (see pics).
I also noticed ... what looks like a 50.cal ammo can ... with SAAB written all over it and a antenna sitting in the bustle rack.
Anyone out there who can lead / give me directions where to find pics of these individual devices (Gun fire sim., Antennas, Hit indicators, sensors etc.) currently used on the various M1s on active duty ... say since 2010 onwards.

I got the lastest Ryefield M1A2 kit to utilize and upgrade the detail on the devises they provide with this kit, but my input is rather poor at the moment ... so maybe one of U can support on this ?

Thankx & Cheers
... in advance
Christopher

Frenchy
Visit this Community
Rhone, France
KitMaker: 12,719 posts
Armorama: 12,507 posts
Posted: Monday, September 23, 2019 - 08:59 PM UTC
I guess the second picture shows the Firing Unit which is part of the MGSS (Main Gun Signature Simulator) used on the Abrams to simulate the firing of the main gun during force-on-force training exercises. The Firing Unit (FU) can hold up to 30 pyrotechnic cartridges, simulating the flash, smoke and bang created when the main gun is fired.

From here

H.P.
chnoone
Visit this Community
Armed Forces Europe, United States
KitMaker: 1,036 posts
Armorama: 1,033 posts
Posted: Monday, September 23, 2019 - 11:53 PM UTC
Thankx Frenchy !

.... very helpful on some devices to get a better impression of the detail involved

Again ... Thankx & Cheers
Christopher
Frenchy
Visit this Community
Rhone, France
KitMaker: 12,719 posts
Armorama: 12,507 posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 24, 2019 - 03:21 AM UTC
Your're welcome I'm not sure it will help with you inquiry, but there's even an app available for the MILES XXI used with the M1A2SEPV2 :

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/miles-xxi-abrams/id935738268

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.cybertrng.android.milesxxiabrams&hl=fr

H.P.
 _GOTOTOP