_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
News
Tamiya: Big Scale Sheridan
tatbaqui
Staff MemberNews Writer
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Metro Manila, Philippines
KitMaker: 2,713 posts
Armorama: 2,451 posts
Posted: Monday, October 07, 2019 - 07:45 PM UTC

Another November release from Tamiya is a 1/16 static model of the M551 Sheridan.

Read the Full News Story

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
Kevlar06
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 3,670 posts
Armorama: 2,052 posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 08, 2019 - 07:03 AM UTC
Looks great. Anyone know the price of this beast? If it was reasonably priced, they'd probably sell a ton of these, but I suspect Tamiya will sell it for several hundred bucks, as the motorized version has been advertised up to $1600. Tamiya prices for the 1/35 stuff have been pretty reasonable of late, I can only hope they'll follow suit for this much larger kit.
VR, Russ
tatbaqui
Staff MemberNews Writer
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, October 08, 2019 - 10:16 AM UTC
Tamiya USA lists it at USD637.00
Kevlar06
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 3,670 posts
Armorama: 2,052 posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 08, 2019 - 10:53 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Thanks! But Wow, still, a really high price point. Especially when adding shipping or tax. When compared to other models, this will be a relatively small model in 1/16th scale, and as I understand it's a pantograph up from the 1/35 version, so not all that more detailed. compared to other large scale plastic kits with even more plastic (I'm thinking WnW here)it seems just a little high.
VR, Russ
tatbaqui
Staff MemberNews Writer
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, October 08, 2019 - 12:12 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Thanks! But Wow, still, a really high price point. Especially when adding shipping or tax. When compared to other models, this will be a relatively small model in 1/16th scale, and as I understand it's a pantograph up from the 1/35 version, so not all that more detailed. compared to other large scale plastic kits with even more plastic (I'm thinking WnW here)it seems just a little high.
VR, Russ

I guess pricing may improve a few months after its release. I read that it is the same as the RC kit sans the motor, and it includes a die-cast part in the hull for that "weighty" feel.

Addutional photos I dug up from TamiyaBlog:

Kornbeef
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,667 posts
Armorama: 48 posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 16, 2019 - 10:21 AM UTC
Yes nice but Hannants show it coming in at £499.99 and when you consider how much more you get (albeit slightly lower quality.) from Trumpeter for a lot less it still stings a bit much for me.

I think they would be better dropping the price and selling more units than sting people for less. JMHO of course.

Just noticed those huge philips screws holding the mesh screen on... really?
 _GOTOTOP