Hosted by Darren Baker
Flakpanzer Gepard
frogstudio
Visit this Community
Argentina
KitMaker: 179 posts
Armorama: 169 posts
Posted: Friday, October 18, 2019 - 02:00 AM UTC
This is a restoration of an old Tamya kit that I got from a friend. Did my best to bring it back to life. Hope you like it!

GulfWarrior
Staff MemberCampaigns Administrator
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 1,051 posts
Armorama: 1,029 posts
Posted: Friday, October 18, 2019 - 02:03 AM UTC
I LOVE that kit! I always had problems with the muzzle breaks though; especially as the kit got older...or maybe as I got older!

Good job!

frogstudio
Visit this Community
Argentina
Posted: Friday, October 18, 2019 - 02:09 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I LOVE that kit! I always had problems with the muzzle breaks though; especially as the kit got older...or maybe as I got older!

Good job!

Many thanks Richard! It's clearly not the most accurate kit, something quite common with older Tamiya kits.
griffontech
Visit this Community
Canada
KitMaker: 237 posts
Armorama: 231 posts
Posted: Friday, October 18, 2019 - 03:30 AM UTC
I think it looks great!
Some people will complain about the older Tamiya kits, saying how they were very simplified and had holes in the bottom for motors, etc...

I finished a build this summer of the classic Tamiya Panther kit and loved it. Easy weekend project that went together fast and which I used to try new painting and weathering techniques.

This Gepard kit is a classic example where people hate it because of the wrong hull and wheel spacing plus other issues. I have it and can't wait to build it. Many will see this kit in a model shop and bypass it to go for the newer Meng version (which I also have). For allot less money you get something that looks like a Gepard on your shelf.

99% of the people who see this on your shelf will instantly recognize it as a Gepard (or just a coolish looking tank LOL)I have about 3 of the old Tamiya Leo's I can't wait to build
Once again, well done.
frogstudio
Visit this Community
Argentina
Posted: Friday, October 18, 2019 - 03:56 AM UTC
Many thanks for your comments! I also love Tamiya kits. Though they are abit dated and not as accurate as some newer kits, they are reali straight forward-no hassle builds.
trahe
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 1,158 posts
Armorama: 950 posts
Posted: Saturday, October 19, 2019 - 01:21 PM UTC
Great job! I just refinished the same kit from a build I originally did (probably) 25 years ago. It's fun breathing new life into thee old kits!
frogstudio
Visit this Community
Argentina
Posted: Saturday, October 19, 2019 - 01:42 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Great job! I just refinished the same kit from a build I originally did (probably) 25 years ago. It's fun breathing new life into thee old kits!

Many thanks! And yes, it's really nice seeing a rebirth of an old kit.
 _GOTOTOP