Hosted by Darren Baker
New Dragon Armor
nikon1
Visit this Community
Kansas, United States
KitMaker: 622 posts
Armorama: 605 posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 22, 2019 - 10:26 AM UTC
Dragon Models announced on Twitter they will be releasing several Stryker variants and two PLA wheeled IFVs this November.

1) M1128 MGS
2) M1134 ATGM
3) M1296 Dragoon
4) PLA ZTL-11 MGS
5) PLA ZBL-09 IFV
Cheers
Charlie
tread_geek
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 2,847 posts
Armorama: 2,667 posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 23, 2019 - 03:20 AM UTC
Sadly Charlie, from what I've read these are pre-build models and not kits at this point. With the drop in quality we've seen in Dragon small scale kits lately I wouldn't expect much.

Regards,
--Jan
Biggles2
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 7,600 posts
Armorama: 6,110 posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 23, 2019 - 03:21 AM UTC
Always interesting to see what new foul-ups Dragon is releasing - if they do actually ever get released! Let's see...all hatches molded shut, solid plastic tracks molded to the wheels, dimensional and detail errors...
Biggles2
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 7,600 posts
Armorama: 6,110 posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 23, 2019 - 04:18 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Sadly Charlie, from what I've read these are pre-build models and not kits at this point. With the drop in quality we've seen in Dragon small scale kits lately I wouldn't expect much.

Regards,
--Jan

Granted, but even their pre-builds are built from the standard plastic kit, sans any PE. A pre-build can be detailed, repainted, altered, etc, ( if it's worthwhile to begin with!)
nikon1
Visit this Community
Kansas, United States
Posted: Wednesday, October 23, 2019 - 07:43 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Regards,
--Jan

Granted, but even their pre-builds are built from the standard plastic kit, sans any PE. A pre-build can be detailed, repainted, altered, etc, ( if it's worthwhile to begin with!)

I plan on getting the M1134 ATGM and modify it to include a Parcel US tank crewman and add some additional gear.
Cheers
Charlie

nikon1
Visit this Community
Kansas, United States
Posted: Wednesday, October 23, 2019 - 10:15 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Regards,
--Jan

Jan, even though they're pre-built, I will get the M1134 ATGM and strip the paint and modify it and paint it to my standards. This is the only 1/72 variant at this time.
Cheers
Charlie
anastasius
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 19 posts
Armorama: 19 posts
Posted: Saturday, October 26, 2019 - 02:42 AM UTC
I cannot think of any Dragon Armor display models that were not offered as kits. There are some marking options and minor equipment that may not be offered as a part of a kit. Pretty sure you will see at least one variant offered as a kit.

Having said that I would not expect too much when the kit is released.
nikon1
Visit this Community
Kansas, United States
Posted: Saturday, October 26, 2019 - 04:47 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I cannot think of any Dragon Armor display models that were not offered as kits. There are some marking options and minor equipment that may not be offered as a part of a kit. Pretty sure you will see at least one variant offered as a kit.

Having said that I would not expect too much when the kit is released.

I've given up on Dragon for the most part as they have become sloppy on their research of subjects and a constant need to rehash WWII German armor. They no longer innovate.
Cheers
Charlie
MassimoTessitori
Visit this Community
Italy
KitMaker: 278 posts
Armorama: 278 posts
Posted: Saturday, October 26, 2019 - 06:43 AM UTC
The Chinese vehicles are already fairly well reproduced by Hobbyboss, cheap kits too.
nikon1
Visit this Community
Kansas, United States
Posted: Saturday, October 26, 2019 - 10:06 AM UTC

Quoted Text

The Chinese vehicles are already fairly well reproduced by Hobbyboss, cheap kits too.

Are the Hobby Boss kits 1/72nd.
Cheers
Charlie
nikon1
Visit this Community
Kansas, United States
Posted: Thursday, March 26, 2020 - 11:16 AM UTC
Looking at Drafons Neo releases, some assembly is required. You have the options of open or closed hatches and open or closed crew doors
Cheers
Charlie
 _GOTOTOP