Hosted by Darren Baker
Serbian T-55 with 40mm Bofors canon
ChaosXVI
Visit this Community
Metro Manila, Philippines
KitMaker: 128 posts
Armorama: 126 posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 22, 2019 - 08:58 PM UTC
Its been too long i have not visited here, my friends. I am glad to be able to post again. Tomorrow will be the 10th year anniversary I joined Armorama

Here is my latest build:

Trumpeter's T-55 hull with a First to Fight 40mm Bofors canon

A simple conversion where I added a floor to cover the turret ring using sheet styrene and laid a box stock Bofors on it.

This is to replicate a Serbian AFV used during the late part of the 20th Century during the civil war of Yugoslavia.

varanusk
Staff MemberManaging Editor
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Santa Cruz de Tenerife, Spain / Espaņa
KitMaker: 1,288 posts
Armorama: 942 posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 22, 2019 - 09:08 PM UTC
Welcome back!

Very nice conversion and good paint job, specially for such a small scale.
tread_geek
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 2,847 posts
Armorama: 2,667 posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 23, 2019 - 03:04 AM UTC
WELCOME BACK, TODY!!!!!!

It truly as been a while since I've seen you or a few others denizens who used to haunt the Braille Scale Forums' hallowed halls. Wonderfully done conversion and I particularly like the finish. What paint colour and manufacturer did you use for the base green? I am also suitably impressed with the First to Fight Bofors gun. The only other version I have seen of this gun is the old Airfix offering and I might go on to say that this one looks nicer detailed IIRC. Glad to see you building and posting again, please don't be a stranger.

Cheers,
--Jan
ChaosXVI
Visit this Community
Metro Manila, Philippines
KitMaker: 128 posts
Armorama: 126 posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 23, 2019 - 03:12 AM UTC
Thank you Carlos and Jan.

Its sooo good to be back. Haha

I used Tamiya acrylyc Flat Green with a bit of Flat Yellow of the base color of the T-55. I then just gave it a Dk Brown wash usimg Tamiya Accent Paint and Russian soil pigments from Mig Productions.

Btw, Zvezda also has a nice Bofors but the crucifix mount is not folded like the First to Fight

Toby
 _GOTOTOP