_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: IDF [Israeli Defense Forces]
Armor and AFVs of the IDF army from 1947-today.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Pereh IDF 1:35
basco
Visit this Community
Solothurn, Switzerland
KitMaker: 161 posts
Armorama: 121 posts
Posted: Thursday, October 31, 2019 - 01:03 AM UTC
Hi guys, I have not seen an IDF Pereh in 1:35 yet, or am I wrong?

It looks like a very interesting looking anti-tank weapon.
ReluctantRenegade
Visit this Community
Wien, Austria
KitMaker: 2,408 posts
Armorama: 2,300 posts
Posted: Thursday, October 31, 2019 - 01:39 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi guys, I have not seen an IDF Pereh in 1:35 yet, or am I wrong?

No, you're not. I wouldn't be surprised if Meng and/or Takom picked up the glove though...

HeavyArty
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 17,694 posts
Armorama: 13,742 posts
Posted: Thursday, October 31, 2019 - 02:23 AM UTC
There is a 1/72 resin kit by Cromwell Models though.

basco
Visit this Community
Solothurn, Switzerland
Posted: Thursday, October 31, 2019 - 05:42 AM UTC
yeah, I have seen that, but my old hands are no good for 1/72... having said that, I often wonder about the tinniest things to add in 1:35 with super detailed kits.

Well, yes, we'll wait for Meng, RFM or some other nice company
grunt136mike
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 1,896 posts
Armorama: 1,858 posts
Posted: Thursday, October 31, 2019 - 12:13 PM UTC
Hi;

I Don't think you will see this in plastic;
Maybe in resin from somebody like Legend ! there is just Not enough interest in vehicle conversion's for company's like RFM or Panda to make it worth there while.

CHEERS; MIKE.
knewton
Visit this Community
New Zealand
KitMaker: 1,217 posts
Armorama: 1,092 posts
Posted: Thursday, October 31, 2019 - 03:11 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi;

Maybe in resin from somebody like Legend ! there is just Not enough interest in vehicle conversion's for company's like RFM or Panda to make it worth there while.

CHEERS; MIKE.

I beg to differ. Given that the Pereh is based on the Magach hull, and Meng have that tooled already, I’d say one is more than likely from them. When that is, I’ve no idea, either way I’d buy one. Other vehicles like the Ofek are less likely as a kit, more a conversion from Legends for the Merkava 2.

If anything, the uniqueness and secrecy of the vehicle simply adds to its appeal to be released as a kit.

Further, there is definitely enough interest in Israeli vehicles, too. There is a list of new or recent releases of IDF subjects, whether tanks or AFV; and Hobbyboss have another Puma out soon, and a ‘late’ Achzarit coming.

The Eitan and Namer, now there is some serious IDF heavy metal there, I’d like to see those kitted, too.
ReluctantRenegade
Visit this Community
Wien, Austria
Posted: Thursday, October 31, 2019 - 08:10 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Who would've thought, not so long ago, that such an obscure vehicle as the Nagmachon will be available in 1/35 in styrene? Yet it's been around for a few years now from not one, but two manufacturers (Tiger Model has three separate versions of it, Hobby Boss has one).
Among the IDF heavies still missing, namely Eitan, Nakpadon, Namer, Ofek and Pereh, IMHO the latter has the best chance to materialize.
ReluctantRenegade
Visit this Community
Wien, Austria
Posted: Thursday, October 31, 2019 - 08:35 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Given that the Pereh is based on the Magach hull, and Meng have that tooled already, I’d say one is more than likely from them.

Mind you, the Pereh is based on the Magach 5 (M48A5) rather than the Magach 6 (M60/A1/A2) which Meng has on offer. I have no idea how difficult would be to alter the molds though...

basco
Visit this Community
Solothurn, Switzerland
Posted: Thursday, October 31, 2019 - 08:47 PM UTC
Given the topic I am quite sure we will see the Pereh soon in styrene (please!).
knewton
Visit this Community
New Zealand
Posted: Friday, November 01, 2019 - 08:23 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Mind you, the Pereh is based on the Magach 5 (M48A5) rather than the Magach 6 (M60/A1/A2) which Meng has on offer. I have no idea how difficult would be to alter the molds though...

Ah, good point, Israel. AFV Club have an M48 out, and a habit of adapting existing kits for IDF subjects, too. Maybe it is possible? I’m not too fussy when it comes to who manufactures which kit.

Hahahaha who am I kidding!
TopSmith
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 1,742 posts
Armorama: 1,658 posts
Posted: Friday, November 01, 2019 - 08:31 AM UTC
OK, is it a rocket launcher or a rapid reload design?
accelr8
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 159 posts
Armorama: 156 posts
Posted: Friday, November 01, 2019 - 10:12 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Ah, good point, Israel. AFV Club have an M48 out, and a habit of adapting existing kits for IDF subjects, too. Maybe it is possible? I’m not too fussy when it comes to who manufactures which kit.

Hahahaha who am I kidding!

No, they don't. The only "recent" M48 offering is Dragon's. AFV Club was developing one but likely set theirs aside since Dragon beat them to it. You may be thinking of the CM-11 that they recently released, which is an M48 turret on an M60 hull and stuffed with more modern fire control systems.
knewton
Visit this Community
New Zealand
Posted: Friday, November 01, 2019 - 12:09 PM UTC
Boy oh boy, I’m striking out here... Dragon do do a good M1 MBT, so maybe a modern subject from them is not so terrible.

And Greg Smith, it’s a rocket launcher, fires Spike NLOS missiles. For a fuller description, see here https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pereh_(missile_carrier).
exgrunt
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
KitMaker: 301 posts
Armorama: 301 posts
Posted: Saturday, November 02, 2019 - 03:06 AM UTC
Is this vehicle still in active service? If not, what was it replaced by (if anything)?

Pretty interesting concept, kudos to the IDF for coming up with new roles for those old tanks.
Frenchy
Visit this Community
Rhone, France
KitMaker: 12,719 posts
Armorama: 12,507 posts
Posted: Saturday, November 02, 2019 - 03:43 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Is this vehicle still in active service?

According to - hum - Wikipedia, "the Pereh was retired from service in 2017, although it is unclear whether the Israeli Defense Force intends to abandon the concept, or if they plan using a more modern tank chassis in an updated version."

H.P.
ReluctantRenegade
Visit this Community
Wien, Austria
Posted: Saturday, November 02, 2019 - 03:43 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Is this vehicle still in active service?

The Pereh was developed in the early '80s, entering service around '85. It was a classified weapon system until 2015, leaving both regular and reserve service in 2017.

Quoted Text

If not, what was it replaced by (if anything)?

No direct replacement I know of, but who knows, maybe they're working on it...
ReluctantRenegade
Visit this Community
Wien, Austria
Posted: Saturday, November 02, 2019 - 04:13 AM UTC
Slightly off-topic, but I wonder what Magach based AFVs are still in service. The last regular units equipped with Magachs finished transitioning to Merkava Mk.4s in 2006; the last reserve units phased them out in 2014. As said, the Pereh left both regular and reserve service in 2017.

These are the last two versions that might be still in service:

Scarred
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 1,792 posts
Armorama: 1,186 posts
Posted: Saturday, November 02, 2019 - 05:23 AM UTC
Get somebody to design the turret and parts to modify a Meng hull in Sketchup have someone test print it for you and if you like send it off to be printed by Shapeways. Better yet pay some one to do it and then you control the file and sell a few on Shapeways. I'd be interested in one.
 _GOTOTOP