Hosted by Darren Baker
Dressing up Esci Leopard 2A3
tanknick22
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 1,139 posts
Armorama: 1,100 posts
Posted: Saturday, November 09, 2019 - 03:03 AM UTC
I picked up ESCI's Leopard 2A3 and there is a lot of missing details on the engine deck from this old girl I am in need of of all the tool and other details on the engine deck does anyone have a Leopard 2 in thier stash thats in need of a repair that you are will to part with?
any help will be appreciated

BootsDMS
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 978 posts
Armorama: 965 posts
Posted: Saturday, November 09, 2019 - 04:35 AM UTC
Nick,

I too built this albeit some time ago as I particularly wanted a Dutch variant in my collection of NATO armour. Details are a little sparse but with a bit of effort you should still be able to get something out of the kit. Admittedly I used a lot of camouflage netting to replicate the pictures on one of Yves DeBay's books, and I believe the kit comes with markings from the same images.

However, I messed up with the smoke dischargers in that I didn't bother to angle them outwards, and the instructions will also have you glue them flat against the turret sides. My camouflage netting helped a little here. The brackets for the dischargers are a bit chunky and you might want to make some changes there.

I don't recall there being that much I had to add to the rear deck; I may have utilised some mesh for the grills, and added a tow rope, but I think that was about it.

Good luck with it all.

Brian

_GOTOTOP