_GOTOBOTTOM
Dioramas
Do you love dioramas & vignettes? We sure do.
one more eastern euro update
jackhammer81
Visit this Community
Nebraska, United States
KitMaker: 2,394 posts
Armorama: 1,695 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 07, 2004 - 11:14 AM UTC
Hi everyone, I know you are all getting tired of me sticking my pics all over here but I am still learning this and I want this dio to turn out very well. So I have done some ground work along the fence line and scattered a few plants in the fore ground also did some grass work in front of the barn, finished up the needles under the trees(was this what you had in mind Scott?) so tell me what you think, all opinions and comments are welcome. Next up changing the color on the road areas and then on to the figures, I have just filled the seams or gaps where the arms attach and have started blending them. I will have some pics of them soon. Well almost for got here are the pics

Cheers Kevin
slodder
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 11,718 posts
Armorama: 7,138 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 07, 2004 - 11:33 AM UTC
One word - Fantastic.... Ok - can't stop there. The additions are great. I like the added grass and pine straw under the trees (bingo :-) ) , the touchups on the vines are nice.

Can't wait for the figures.

Update - the outdoor pictures really make it nice.
MATTTOMLIN
Visit this Community
Australian Capital Territory, Australia
KitMaker: 431 posts
Armorama: 388 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 07, 2004 - 02:39 PM UTC
hey jackhammer, very very very nice. dont worry about making to manny post i enjoy looking at your new additions. theres a couple things that bother me, you grass at the fron of the barn, it looks too bordered like someones mowed it, you should have it stop in little patches, the same goes with thw pine needle uner trees it just stops all of a sudden you should have it gradaully stopping and spread out with patches.

matt
Petro
Visit this Community
Connecticut, United States
KitMaker: 984 posts
Armorama: 846 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 07, 2004 - 02:45 PM UTC
What do you need figures for? This stands all on its own.
Excellent.
Graywolf
Staff MemberSenior Editor
HISTORICUS FORMA
Visit this Community
Izmir, Turkey / Türkçe
KitMaker: 6,405 posts
Armorama: 1,850 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 07, 2004 - 07:33 PM UTC
everything here is really awesome. ..and these photos are pleasure to see never a tiredness.please keep us posted as the figs and others added. congrats kevin
jonasaberg
Visit this Community
Vaasa, Finland
KitMaker: 66 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 07, 2004 - 08:34 PM UTC
Fantastic work!
You know what would look great under one of those trees? An anthill! Just make a little hill from clay or something, cover it with white glue and sprinkle some of the material you used for the dried needles on. That would be awesome. And later you can add ants if you really want a challenge
And maybe you could paint a few of the needles on the trees brown on the lower branches. I think that would look more natural.
Major_Goose
Visit this Community
Kikladhes, Greece / Ελλάδα
KitMaker: 6,871 posts
Armorama: 2,071 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 07, 2004 - 09:03 PM UTC
I like it very much , it looks like a life scene. i d like to know about the pine trees a lil more (what company, or self made?) The colouration and ground work is perfect with the figures it would show off really nice !!!! Keep the pictures coming my friend , were never tired of new works !!!!!!

Keep up this scene is a winner
Lashed
Visit this Community
New South Wales, Australia
KitMaker: 17 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 07, 2004 - 09:19 PM UTC
do I have to say it aswell?.. AWSOME!.. the pine under the pine tree realy make it real!.. the ditch with the rocks near the pic is awsome!.. Well done mate!
keep us posted!
jackhammer81
Visit this Community
Nebraska, United States
Posted: Wednesday, April 07, 2004 - 09:46 PM UTC
I want to thank everyone for their kind words. The comments are surely appreciated. Since I am still new to the diorama game it really means a lot to be able to ask for guidance and get feedback on my work, as well as to see others efforts and fine work as well. Matt- I am looking into doing a bit more grass work in front of the barn and maybe down the road as well I have a lot of surfing to do to see what I want to do there. Costas-I followed "kbm" advice and got the tree branches from bragdon enterprises (www.bragdonent.com) For 14 dollars US you get 75grams of the branches, its a great deal. I could probably make a hundred or so of those trees. The trunks are dowels I "sculpted" with a dremel. They were very fast and easy to build, and I really like the pay off. The pics I have posted on here dont do them justice, for that matter neither does my camera. lol But again thank everyone for their comments. Cheers Kevin
nato308
Visit this Community
Iowa, United States
KitMaker: 884 posts
Armorama: 609 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 07, 2004 - 10:34 PM UTC
Fabulous job! I would agree with adding some brown needles at the bottom and here and there around the trees I think it would give them some more life. The grass you added look great as well but as previously mentioned I think it stops too suddenly, it could use to be thinned on the edges a little bit. Just my thoughts, keep it going, I'm very impressed. I have all the faith in your work, you are as bad as myself when it comes to making it your best. Every project is a learning expirence, you have a good eye and great attention for detail.
Alpenflage
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
KitMaker: 1,120 posts
Armorama: 1,002 posts
Posted: Saturday, April 10, 2004 - 10:21 AM UTC
Wow, everytime I see this diorama I see something more about it that I like ! Great work.

How's your SU-100 coming along (or was that an SU-85 ?) ??

I like the outside photos too. Natural light always works best.

Cheers !

Alpen
Arthur
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,454 posts
Armorama: 330 posts
Posted: Saturday, April 10, 2004 - 11:16 AM UTC
Hi Kevin,can't have too many pics of this kind of work,makes me want to put sone figs in there LOL.keep us posted.
Arthur
jackhammer81
Visit this Community
Nebraska, United States
Posted: Saturday, April 10, 2004 - 12:02 PM UTC
Hello, and once again may I say thank you for the kind words. Alpen- the tank is indeed an Su85 and I am hoping to get back to work on it this weekend. Arthur-I would welcome some of your figures on it, you are an outstanding figure modeler. Figures are a weak point with me, I shake badly with little detail stuff, I injured my back in my youth and it affected me that way. But I am hard at work with the figures, I hope to post some new pics by monday. Once again thanks for the comments. Cheers Kevin
 _GOTOTOP