_GOTOBOTTOM
Яusso-Soviэt Forum: Cold War Soviet Armor
For discussions related to cold war era Russo-Soviet armor.
Sam 6 missile color
Armorsmith
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 1,063 posts
Armorama: 1,000 posts
Posted: Saturday, November 16, 2019 - 05:11 AM UTC
I have seen this missile in several colors, green, grey, blue grey, and a couple of others. Sometimes there is a stripe on the nose sometimes not. I have looked a units from Russia, Egypt, and Syria plus a few others. Does the color of the missile have any significance? Ditto for the nose stripe? Thanks.
ReluctantRenegade
Visit this Community
Wien, Austria
KitMaker: 2,408 posts
Armorama: 2,300 posts
Posted: Saturday, November 16, 2019 - 06:27 AM UTC
Generally speaking, Russian and Warsaw Pact armies were supplied with missiles painted in green with grey or tan radomes, while Middle Eastern armies used white missiles with tan radomes. Any other radome color indicated training or dummy warhead. The stripes (usually yellow) were applied as visual guides for positioning the missiles on the transport trailer and launcher.
juge75
Visit this Community
Jasz-Nagkyun-Szolnok, Hungary
KitMaker: 843 posts
Armorama: 841 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 24, 2019 - 02:59 PM UTC
Greeting!
The color of the rocket body depends on the date of manufacture. And the color of the rocket's nose shell depends on what version it is.
There are basically two versions: 3M9ME / M2 / and 3M9M3.
The nose of the 3M9ME is gray.
The nose of the 3M9M3 is white.
Also, since they were exported to desert, hot areas to avoid overheating, white body and light nose / radom color /.
Gray body is not a factory color, it has been painted for decoration in Hungary, for example, with educational weight variations.
Stripes: Each rocket is marked where it may be fastened for transport or inspection. The rocket's body is fragile and heavy, which is why it is needed.
Practice copies are always marked with striking yellow inscriptions (practitioner-instructor weight, instructor-operating weight /
In addition to the above, there is a special repair material, resin-based fabric tape-capron. Its color is loud green, which is used to correct minor defects in the rocket body.
http://mhrfweb.makett.org/MHRFWEB/?p=324
http://put.url.here
 _GOTOTOP