_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
News
Takom: US Army 1/4 Ton Armored Truck
Maki
Staff MemberSenior Editor
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Croatia Hrvatska
KitMaker: 5,579 posts
Armorama: 2,988 posts
Posted: Monday, December 09, 2019 - 04:43 AM UTC

Takom released box art image of their upcoming kit.

Read the Full News Story

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
Taeuss
Visit this Community
Manitoba, Canada
KitMaker: 3,791 posts
Armorama: 3,778 posts
Posted: Monday, December 09, 2019 - 02:24 PM UTC
Wow, talk about blind spots. On the other hand this would prove a real life-saver when driving in any battle front. Slat armour would also be nice...
StarForce
Visit this Community
Bucuresti, Romania
KitMaker: 41 posts
Armorama: 41 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 10, 2019 - 04:43 AM UTC
Not exactly a new subject, Dragon did it before: https://www.scalemates.com/kits/dragon-6714-1-4-ton-4x4-truck--134568

However I do hope the Takom's kit is better and more accurate. And it includes the radio set that Dragon missed.
Some snow chains on the wheels would be welcomed as well but I guess I'm asking for too much.

Also to note, only the 82nd Airborne had this particular variant of Jeep which was a field modification.
armyguy
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
KitMaker: 262 posts
Armorama: 150 posts
Posted: Saturday, December 14, 2019 - 12:34 PM UTC
I've seen reviews of their first release on U Tube and on another modeling web site. Looks good interesting way they did the molding. Grill and fenders one mold, tub by it's self and the rear panel.
The two things I have issues with is the way they did the windshield molding the wiper blades on one of the clear part the other clear wind shield you get PE wiper blades to put on it. The other issue every jeep kit has it no cowl/dash supports. Some one needs to make a PE of just the supports .

Dave

m4sherman
Visit this Community
Arizona, United States
KitMaker: 1,866 posts
Armorama: 1,808 posts
Posted: Saturday, December 14, 2019 - 01:42 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I've seen reviews of their first release on U Tube and on another modeling web site. Looks good interesting way they did the molding. Grill and fenders one mold, tub by it's self and the rear panel.
The two things I have issues with is the way they did the windshield molding the wiper blades on one of the clear part the other clear wind shield you get PE wiper blades to put on it. The other issue every jeep kit has it no cowl/dash supports. Some one needs to make a PE of just the supports .

Dave

I'm curious. Why would having two clear windshield parts be a problem. I agree, the structures under the dash/cowl need to be done in etch or 3D printing. However, I think these structures are re-enforcement braces more so than dash/cowl supports.
armyguy
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
KitMaker: 262 posts
Armorama: 150 posts
Posted: Saturday, December 14, 2019 - 04:35 PM UTC
On the windshield I guess I'm so used to Tamiya's. Not sure what to call those braces but they are needed .

Dave M
Trisaw
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 4,105 posts
Armorama: 2,492 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 17, 2019 - 03:35 PM UTC
I hope that this opens the door to more Fast Attack Vehicles and Special Forces vehicles.

We still don't even have an outdated USMC IFAV G-Wagen which went out of service. The Azimut resin conversion kit is extremely hard to find now, let alone a M1161 "Growler" ITV, Polaris DAGOR, or Flyer 72 (BlackDog).
 _GOTOTOP