_GOTOBOTTOM
Яusso-Soviэt Forum: Cold War Soviet Armor
For discussions related to cold war era Russo-Soviet armor.
Trumpeter BMP-1P Tracks
cutigerfan
Visit this Community
South Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 133 posts
Armorama: 85 posts
Posted: Sunday, December 15, 2019 - 01:09 AM UTC
Trumpeter Soviet BMP-1P IFV 05556 (1/35th) is certainly a kit I would not have purchased for myself. However, I won this at a Christmas party and I thought that l may give it a try. After opening the box I would say that it isn't to terrible of a kit. But, when I saw the track links and then seeing that the instructions give you "ZERO" guidance on the assembly of the tracks. Now, I've assembled individual track links before, but nothing like these. So, my question is this. Has anyone assemble the kit track links or can someone recommend and after market set? Or should I just stash it away and use it for a Christmas gift next year?

Thanks.
jekrott
Visit this Community
Connecticut, United States
KitMaker: 485 posts
Armorama: 353 posts
Posted: Sunday, December 15, 2019 - 01:35 AM UTC
I have had great results using Master Club tracks.Very easy to put together.I would say alot easier then cutting all the tracks from the sprue cleanup and then putting them together.
76grenze
Visit this Community
Arizona, United States
KitMaker: 35 posts
Armorama: 4 posts
Posted: Sunday, December 15, 2019 - 02:40 AM UTC
They are workable and the click together.
MLD
Visit this Community
Vermont, United States
KitMaker: 3,569 posts
Armorama: 2,070 posts
Posted: Sunday, December 15, 2019 - 01:45 PM UTC

Quoted Text

They are workable and the click together.

What Eric said.. these are about the best and easiest kit supplied individual link tracks out there.
Pre-cut and reasonably cleaned up, click together, and reasonably sturdy, what's not to love.
Though I did run some Tamiya extra thin into the joints after I got them in place the way I like.
Hobby Boss includes them in some of their chi-con kits.
MassimoTessitori
Visit this Community
Italy
KitMaker: 278 posts
Armorama: 278 posts
Posted: Friday, December 20, 2019 - 09:29 AM UTC
The tracks of the BMP-1 should have a double articulation. I wonder if the connectors between links can be bent to be adapted to the curvature around the sprockets.
RobinNilsson
Staff MemberTOS Moderator
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Stockholm, Sweden
KitMaker: 6,693 posts
Armorama: 5,562 posts
Posted: Friday, December 20, 2019 - 10:38 AM UTC
It "should" be possible to bend the white metal of the Master Club tracks. Same goes for the track made by Friulmodel

The Trumpeter track links have the same design as Master Club, i.e. the connectors are molded on the links.
These will be difficult to bend. One way to fix it is by slicing off the connectors and then glue them back at the correct angle. First glue the track links to the sprocket and the idler and then glue the connectors.

/ Robin
MassimoTessitori
Visit this Community
Italy
KitMaker: 278 posts
Armorama: 278 posts
Posted: Saturday, December 21, 2019 - 05:54 AM UTC
Usually I bend the connectors of the tracks of Trumpeter without any problem. I've not yet tried with those of BMP-1.
 _GOTOTOP