_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Techniques
From Weathering to making tent rolls, discuss it here.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Any PE expert over there ?
Frenchy
Visit this Community
Rhone, France
KitMaker: 12,719 posts
Armorama: 12,507 posts
Posted: Friday, April 09, 2004 - 06:23 AM UTC
Is there any aftermarket PE set that would enable me to represent the drilled plates used to build OIF M113 racks such as this one :

I know that ABER drilled plate #S17 is quite a close match, but I would be happy to find something "closer"...(I already have discarded the "electric shaver grille" solution : the holes are not small enough...)

TIA
Frenchy
Red4
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 4,287 posts
Armorama: 1,867 posts
Posted: Friday, April 23, 2004 - 05:25 PM UTC
Frenchy, check in the Micromark catalog. They haev a huge assortment of small screen. I have some that looks almost solid the holes are so small. You can buy it in a variety pack and choose which one would suit your needs best. "Q"
scoccia
Visit this Community
Milano, Italy
KitMaker: 2,606 posts
Armorama: 1,721 posts
Posted: Friday, April 23, 2004 - 07:10 PM UTC
In my view that pattern can be easily scratchbuilt. Just mark with a pencil on a plasticard sheet the holes positions and then drill them with a small drill bit. Complete with some plasticard strips and in half an hour you should have it done. Cheaper, nice looking and you should have even more fun than buying ready made ones...
Ciao
Frenchy
Visit this Community
Rhone, France
KitMaker: 12,719 posts
Armorama: 12,507 posts
Posted: Friday, April 23, 2004 - 10:43 PM UTC
Thanks for your replies. I will take a look at the Micromark catalog but I agree with Fabio about the scratchbuilding way (even if "half an hour" is maybe too optimistic at least for me) In fact I've recently came across a RoG PE fret designed for their Bundeswehr M88A1 that has drilled plates I could use as a template to drill my own with Evergreen strips.

Thanks again
Frenchy
 _GOTOTOP