_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Axis - WWII
Armor and ground forces of the Axis forces during World War II.
Hosted by Darren Baker
More Late War Panther Questions
404NotFound
Visit this Community
Tennessee, United States
KitMaker: 325 posts
Armorama: 322 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 31, 2019 - 01:08 PM UTC
Hello all and Happy New Year!

A few more questions:

I am confused about the Daimler-Benz Panthers produced at war's end. Did they still have the older smaller idler wheel? I believe I read something about this somewhere on the internet. You know how that can be...

MNH Panthers with the diagonal stripes: Upon examining photos, the Balkenkreuz placement seems to depend on the placement of tactical numbers. If no numbers, toward the front of the turret. If there are numbers, then toward the aft of the turret. Numbers, if I had to guess, are yellow.

So, was there a Balkenkreuz on the rear of these MNH Panthers and where?

I saw a very small photo of a Balkenkreuz with just the black arms on the rear stowage box of a Panther. Who manufactured this and who marked it thus? Anyone know?

Many have by now seen the photos of the F/G hybrid Panther in Berlin. Has anyone been able to make out hatch handle placement for the driver and radio operator, or if there even are any?

Thank you all, and with my kids' help, I hope to get a Panther done in the new year!
wedgetail53
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 658 posts
Armorama: 629 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 31, 2019 - 01:34 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Hello all and Happy New Year!

A few more questions:

I am confused about the Daimler-Benz Panthers produced at war's end. Did they still have the older smaller idler wheel? I believe I read something about this somewhere on the internet. You know how that can be...

MNH Panthers with the diagonal stripes: Upon examining photos, the Balkenkreuz placement seems to depend on the placement of tactical numbers. If no numbers, toward the front of the turret. If there are numbers, then toward the aft of the turret. Numbers, if I had to guess, are yellow.

So, was there a Balkenkreuz on the rear of these MNH Panthers and where?

I saw a very small photo of a Balkenkreuz with just the black arms on the rear stowage box of a Panther. Who manufactured this and who marked it thus? Anyone know?

Many have by now seen the photos of the F/G hybrid Panther in Berlin. Has anyone been able to make out hatch handle placement for the driver and radio operator, or if there even are any?

Thank you all, and with my kids' help, I hope to get a Panther done in the new year!

G'day

First question - by the end of the war, I believe that the manufacturers would have installed whatever was available, which was frequently not much.

Second question - I would suggest relying on whatever photos are available of the vehicle you are trying to model.

Third question - dunno.

Last question - again, I would suggest relying on photographic evidence.

Have fun

Regards

Rob
 _GOTOTOP