_GOTOBOTTOM
Figures
Military figures of all shapes and sizes.
News
Evolution: Soviet Artillerymen, Kursk 1943
Maki
Staff MemberSenior Editor
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Croatia Hrvatska
KitMaker: 5,579 posts
Armorama: 2,988 posts
Posted: Friday, January 17, 2020 - 03:42 AM UTC

Evolution Miniatures released a new figure kit in 1/35 scale.

Read the Full News Story

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
pgb3476
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 977 posts
Armorama: 976 posts
Posted: Friday, January 17, 2020 - 06:48 AM UTC
I want this set.....just pre-ordered on Hobbyeasy.
Napolitano
Visit this Community
Napoli, Italy
KitMaker: 19 posts
Armorama: 19 posts
Posted: Friday, January 17, 2020 - 09:50 AM UTC
As always, Russian companies are great at creating figures !!!
And we all praise Alpine who makes the same figure poses from year to year.
ryally
Visit this Community
New South Wales, Australia
KitMaker: 879 posts
Armorama: 330 posts
Posted: Friday, January 17, 2020 - 12:22 PM UTC
Always have said Alpine and Evolution Miniatures are pretty much the best figures out in WW2 1/35 with Live Resin and Legend coming close as well.

I never really understood the Alpine bashing about poses. Alpine to me is a great company and I do think Alpine and Evolution figures compliment each other in Dios, so we get the best of both worlds.

obg153
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 1,063 posts
Armorama: 1,049 posts
Posted: Friday, January 17, 2020 - 01:04 PM UTC
These look very useful for more than just artillery scenes. Peter's comment about "bashing Alpine's poses" made me curious, cause I've always thought they made finely detailed figures. So I went to the company website, and I found 271 figures in 1/35 listed/displayed. A single figure held a panzerfaust, 4 or 5 held binoculars/radio/map, another handful were pointing/waving. But except for the panzerfaust guy, every other figure was basically just standing there. Perhaps its Alpine's intent to do one thing and do it well, but some might think their lack of alternative poses limits their market.
ryally
Visit this Community
New South Wales, Australia
KitMaker: 879 posts
Armorama: 330 posts
Posted: Friday, January 17, 2020 - 09:58 PM UTC
I think that some people expect Alpine to do what "they" want, like a person hopping on one leg shooting a Nerf gun. I am guessing if Alpine thought it would sell he would of done it along time ago. I also think that a lot of people that buy Alpine figures don't intend to put them in a Dio ( some do of course) but to paint as a single figure or pair to put on a base, in this case they don't really need a guy bending over and touching his toes. They just want the figure to paint in a certain uniform and display it on a figure base.

On the other hand I do love the "big sets" from Evolution miniatures and really like their vechile sets like the old Warriors sets.

Not sure about the whole "Russian" companies don't get any praise all the Evolution miniatures reviews I see they get plenty of praise
Tank1812
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 1,112 posts
Armorama: 886 posts
Posted: Saturday, January 18, 2020 - 01:03 AM UTC

Quoted Text

These look very useful for more than just artillery scenes. Peter's comment about "bashing Alpine's poses" made me curious, cause I've always thought they made finely detailed figures. So I went to the company website, and I found 271 figures in 1/35 listed/displayed. A single figure held a panzerfaust, 4 or 5 held binoculars/radio/map, another handful were pointing/waving. But except for the panzerfaust guy, every other figure was basically just standing there. Perhaps its Alpine's intent to do one thing and do it well, but some might think their lack of alternative poses limits their market.

Jack, you missed a few, 008 is in a shooting stance. A few are seating in jeeps/tanks. 109,169,170, 256 on patrol or march of sorts.

x2 Peters comments.

Back to Evolution, another good looking set. I probably wouldn’t use the dead guys as I don’t model that way but good on them to make a set for people who want/need that. I wouldn’t mind seeing the ammo carrier separate with a second unbandaged head.
Biggles2
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 7,600 posts
Armorama: 6,110 posts
Posted: Saturday, January 18, 2020 - 03:35 AM UTC
Not really much of an "Artillery Crew", but great if you want more dead Soviet infantry.
 _GOTOTOP