_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Axis - WWII
Armor and ground forces of the Axis forces during World War II.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Takom King Tiger warped hulls?
DickJones
Visit this Community
Donegal, Ireland
KitMaker: 44 posts
Armorama: 44 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 26, 2020 - 03:01 AM UTC
I have read a few complaints about this, with the full interior 1/35 kit. Was it a widespread issue, is there an updated release? Was it an easy fix?
johhar
Visit this Community
Alabama, United States
KitMaker: 476 posts
Armorama: 447 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 26, 2020 - 03:33 AM UTC
No problem yet on mine but I'm still filling the lower hull and haven't tried fitting it to the top.
DickJones
Visit this Community
Donegal, Ireland
KitMaker: 44 posts
Armorama: 44 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 26, 2020 - 04:01 AM UTC

Quoted Text

No problem yet on mine but I'm still filling the lower hull and haven't tried fitting it to the top.

Out of interest, what model#/release# did you pick up?

Also what's your impression of the kit so far? I found their Type 69II-C to be quite impressive, engineering-wise. Thus fun to build.
wedgetail53
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 658 posts
Armorama: 629 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 26, 2020 - 09:20 PM UTC
G'day Dick

They are excellent kits, but be aware, the tolerance for error is zero - there is no wriggle room in the assembly and even a coat of paint can affect whether or not a part will fit.

Suggest you have a look at some of the builds on Track-Link, not necessarily all of King Tigers, but a lot of Takom kits, especially by David Coyne, who, I suspect, is a fellow Irishman.

Regards

Rob
johhar
Visit this Community
Alabama, United States
KitMaker: 476 posts
Armorama: 447 posts
Posted: Monday, January 27, 2020 - 02:16 AM UTC
I have kit #2046S and I agree that there isn't much wiggle room. I'm just finishing the painting of the engine and am preparing to put it into the lower hull. Crossing my fingers that it goes well.

Just put the engine in. It has multiple points that must line up and I probably did an OK but not great job. Anyway, successful enough. It's my first full interior tank and it's interesting and daunting at the same time.
 _GOTOTOP