_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
Tank Workshop Tiger I partial interior
SS-74
Visit this Community
Vatican City
KitMaker: 3,271 posts
Armorama: 2,388 posts
Posted: Sunday, July 07, 2002 - 12:14 PM UTC
Hi Guys,

I just got the Tank Workshop Tiger I partial interior set, it's my first time working with resin stuff, just want to know if there is anything I need to look out for this kit, the instruction seems to be a bit on the vague side. Thanks for your help.

On the other hand, while I am at it, what color should I painted the interior of the Tiger I, I am doing a Tamiya Tiger I early production. I read from TL, Tamiya XF-9 hull red seems to be a correct color for the German Primer, is this correct? Thanks! Are there any pictures on the web that is color for the interior of the Tiger I, so I can have a look, or if there is a book out there with Tiger Interior in color, I got the Achtung Panzer volumn VI which is all black and white....

Thanks!
Folgore
Visit this Community
Canada
KitMaker: 1,109 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Sunday, July 07, 2002 - 01:09 PM UTC
Hi Dave,
I'm sure you know this, but remember that you need to use superglue (cyanoacrylate) to glue resin pieces together and you should wear a dust mask when sanding the resin as it is pretty bad stuff.
Hull Red looks adequate if Tamiya is your paint of choice. I'm afraid my stock of Tamiya paints is pretty small since the only store that sells them is a two hour drive away.
Since your Tiger is an early model, I would guess that it would have a light interior, like buff or something.
Hope that helps,

Nic
TUGA
Visit this Community
Setubal, Portugal
KitMaker: 1,718 posts
Armorama: 1,130 posts
Posted: Sunday, July 07, 2002 - 03:34 PM UTC
Hi,

At Tiger 1E Info you can find info about the Tiger I and have a lot of photos of the interior. Check the Saumur Tiger it's a late version but it can give you some ideas.

At Tiger Tankyou have restoration story of Bovington Tiger.

HTH
CaptainJack
Visit this Community
Luxembourg, Belgium
KitMaker: 793 posts
Posted: Sunday, July 07, 2002 - 04:09 PM UTC
I built the kit as a full blown review for Military in Scale (UK) if you don't have access to this mag, or would like info on the feature let me know, I could send you a photocopy, by mail.

Jackeroo
SS-74
Visit this Community
Vatican City
Posted: Sunday, July 07, 2002 - 04:18 PM UTC
Hi Guys thanks for the help, really appreciate it.
SS-74
Visit this Community
Vatican City
Posted: Sunday, July 07, 2002 - 04:20 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I built the kit as a full blown review for Military in Scale (UK) if you don't have access to this mag, or would like info on the feature let me know, I could send you a photocopy, by mail.

Jackeroo

CaptainJack,

Thanks for the help, it will be great! I am in debt because of your kindness.
CaptainJack
Visit this Community
Luxembourg, Belgium
KitMaker: 793 posts
Posted: Sunday, July 07, 2002 - 04:26 PM UTC
SS - 74 send me your votes, Errrrr..I mean your mailing address.

Jack at your service
SS-74
Visit this Community
Vatican City
Posted: Sunday, July 07, 2002 - 04:40 PM UTC
Hi CaptainJack,

Just sent you a PM, thanks!
Doc
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 43 posts
Posted: Monday, July 08, 2002 - 12:50 AM UTC
Panzer interiors were painted in an off-whiteish, buff color. Testors has an enamel called 'Panzer Interior Buff (SG)'(oddly enough) that fits the bill. Also, Tamiya has XF-57 'Buff' which is their version. These are probably available in arcylic, also.
Check out the Osprey book 'Tiger 1, Heavy Tank, 1942-1945' (ISBN 1-85532-791-0) by Hilary Doyle and Tom Jentz. This book has a nice color cut-away drawing of the interior of a Tiger 1. I also like this book because it has a month by month listing of production modifications made to the Tiger 1 coming off of the asembly line. This cutaway shows the interior as being 'Buff', with the fuel tank and floors of the hull interior and turret basket being left red oxide primer. Other odds and ends are grey.

91B

ps. I think that later in the war, German vehicles may have been left with just a red primer interior. But as far as I can tell, all Tiger 1s will have the 'Panzer Buff' interior paint.
SS-74
Visit this Community
Vatican City
Posted: Monday, July 08, 2002 - 10:10 AM UTC
Thanks Doc, This is very very helpful. Will definitely check out the book.
 _GOTOTOP