Hosted by Darren Baker
Build Takom M48H Brave Tiger ERA
ttwells
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 316 posts
Armorama: 77 posts
Posted: Sunday, February 16, 2020 - 12:23 AM UTC
I have the Takom Taiwan RoC Brave Tiger with ERA built - a few details to add are the latch handles for the fender stowage bins and antenna (figure too once I decide on one) The latch handles and antenna too fragile to ensure they'll stay put once painting begins. This kit is AWESOME! Only trouble is some tiny parts - (plus the stowage basket) - Takom style stress. The ERA plates a bit fiddly to apply - I followed the instructions but the frames and holes they want you to drill don't really match up. I did add a Hoffman device cobbled together from Tamiya and Academy parts from the spares bin. I still have to add the "candles" in the tubes and wire them.. thanks GINO for the pics. Stowage from spares too - just enough to hint at the crew's needs; possibly a few more bits - not sure yet.

Painting will begin soon - I hope. Looking at a standard 3-tone camo... again - this was a very nice kit to build.

GTDeath13
Visit this Community
Attica, Greece / Ελλάδα
KitMaker: 921 posts
Armorama: 919 posts
Posted: Sunday, February 16, 2020 - 02:05 AM UTC
Looking good. Keep in mind that the rubbeer tracks react with the kit plastic, there were people posting they had issues in the past couple of months.

If I recall correctly when I built my kit I did not drill the holes for the ERa on the turret and had no issues fitting the modules on.

ttwells
Visit this Community
New York, United States
Posted: Sunday, February 16, 2020 - 02:32 AM UTC
thanks for the tips...
HeavyArty
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 17,694 posts
Armorama: 13,742 posts
Posted: Sunday, February 16, 2020 - 04:54 AM UTC
Looks like it is coming along nicely. It is a great kit. I used the hull from the Takom non-Era M48H for my M60 AVLB and the turret on my M48A5. Great details.
ttwells
Visit this Community
New York, United States
Posted: Sunday, February 16, 2020 - 06:48 AM UTC
yes, this kit is surprisingly great to build overall. Some Takom kits are finicky here and there, but this really isn't too bad. Their M47s (I built 4 of them) is a prime example. I love that there was no indy-track links... just a nice build. I can't wait to paint it.
bat_213
Visit this Community
Canada
KitMaker: 110 posts
Armorama: 95 posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 26, 2020 - 11:41 AM UTC
your build looks great.
 _GOTOTOP