_GOTOBOTTOM
Figures
Military figures of all shapes and sizes.
Legends Productions 1/16 Navy Seal
Anirudharun
Visit this Community
England - West Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 597 posts
Armorama: 530 posts
Posted: Sunday, February 23, 2020 - 02:41 AM UTC
This is my 1st attempt at building/painting a large scale figure - Legends Productions 1/16 US Navy Seal. I've tried painting UCP and OCP (MultiCam) in 1/35, but in that scale it's mostly just splodges of colour...at least when I do it

The figure is unmodified, built as per the (vague) instructions, and the only addition are the shell casings on the floor. These are actually 1/35 .50 cal casings but they are approximately correct for 1/16 5.56mm casings.

Thanks for looking, comments appreciated!
knewton
Visit this Community
New Zealand
KitMaker: 1,217 posts
Armorama: 1,092 posts
Posted: Sunday, February 23, 2020 - 06:21 PM UTC
Nicely done; which colours did you use, please? And, did you airbrush any of it?

Keep up the good work,
Anirudharun
Visit this Community
England - West Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 597 posts
Armorama: 530 posts
Posted: Monday, February 24, 2020 - 04:38 AM UTC
Thanks Kyle! For the colours, I tried to match paints from Vallejo with a printed out MultiCam sample. There are 6 colours in the pattern which roughly split into 3 groups:

Base layer:
Earth - Iraqi Sand
Brown - US Flat Brown

Green Layer:
Light - Pale Green
Dark - Interior Green

Top Layer
Chocolate Brown - Armour Brown
Tan - Ivory

I spray painted the primer coat, and then airbrushed the base Brown and Earth shades in various patterns trying to match the real scheme. I didn't use any masking for these coats as the 2 base colours blend into each other a lot. The 4 top colours were brush painted starting with the 2 green colours, followed by the top layer.

The whole thing was then tied together with a combination of oil paints and pigments.
 _GOTOTOP