_GOTOBOTTOM
Figures
Military figures of all shapes and sizes.
shameless pirate
Biggles2
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 7,600 posts
Armorama: 6,110 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 01, 2020 - 04:29 AM UTC
Another shameless pirate:
https://www.ebay.ca/itm/1-35-Resin-US-2-Soldiers-on-Rest-Eating-Only-Figures-Vietnam-War-BL140/113060299067?hash=item1a52eb413b:g:saAAAOSw1PJa~j7-

Looks familiar? Bravo-6:
https://bravo6.diorama.ru/img/products/35070-1.jpg

At least his prices are good! And hundreds of items to choose from!

long_tom
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 2,362 posts
Armorama: 2,005 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 15, 2020 - 03:11 AM UTC
Question: who wants to buy anything from China now?
HermannB
Visit this Community
Bayern, Germany
KitMaker: 4,099 posts
Armorama: 4,067 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 15, 2020 - 03:27 AM UTC

Quoted Text

COVID 19 doesn`t survive the trip from China in a packet.
long_tom
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 2,362 posts
Armorama: 2,005 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 17, 2020 - 09:46 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

COVID 19 doesn`t survive the trip from China in a packet.

As far as we know. Tomorrow the news media might say that hoarding toile paper makes you susceptible to the disease.
alanmac
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 3,033 posts
Armorama: 2,953 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 17, 2020 - 10:22 AM UTC
You do realise by posting the link to his Ebay sales you are sending folks to his sales where those without scruples will buy these rip offs. Better to not give him any publicity.

I wish Ebay had the decency to ban these scumbags.

Alan
dhines
Visit this Community
Nova Scotia, Canada
KitMaker: 407 posts
Armorama: 373 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 17, 2020 - 10:44 AM UTC
Instead of your money, send him some toilet paper.
Biggles2
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 7,600 posts
Armorama: 6,110 posts
Posted: Thursday, March 19, 2020 - 03:21 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Alan

I really don't think ebay administration investigates each vendor/seller to verify if their goods are original, or knock-offs. I believe the onus is on the individual originators of the goods to complain to ebay admin.
alanmac
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
Posted: Thursday, March 19, 2020 - 07:52 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Alan

I really don't think ebay administration investigates each vendor/seller to verify if their goods are original, or knock-offs. I believe the onus is on the individual originators of the goods to complain to ebay admin.

Yes, in the past I've been in contact with Taesung Harmms at Alpine and others such as Roger Saunders of Hornet regarding counterfeits and they told me Ebay will only react and taken action from manufacturers who bring to there attention counterfeit copies of their products, and even then its difficult as the persistant ones just create a new account and start again.

The best way to tackle this is to rely on peoples honestly, but by posting links, however well intended only serves to indirectly advertise these scumbags items.

There is also little point in singling out this individual as to my knowledge there are at least a dozen or so of these figure counterfeiters plying their trade on Ebay.

Better to remove the link as it serves no purpose in stopping them.
gharker
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
KitMaker: 109 posts
Armorama: 109 posts
Posted: Thursday, March 19, 2020 - 08:22 AM UTC
It is really easy to have good prices when you are a thief.

I still order from China, no problems.
dhines
Visit this Community
Nova Scotia, Canada
KitMaker: 407 posts
Armorama: 373 posts
Posted: Thursday, March 19, 2020 - 12:55 PM UTC
It is a shame that these crooks are able to exist in the marketplace. Like the old adage says Buyer Beware, the cheap prices are the first giveaway. I have often wondered about the quality of cheap items. The online photo is most likely the original item before being recast.
alanmac
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
Posted: Thursday, March 19, 2020 - 11:04 PM UTC

Quoted Text

The online photo is most likely the original item before being recast.

Yes to add insult to injury it is often the case the counterfeiters will take images from the genuine manufacturers web sites and use them for their advertisements.

It's not difficult to spot the re-casters, usual signs are no original box just a plain cardboard one with maybe a inkjet image pasted on the front, they don't use the same code numbers for the items, they are not cast in the original coloured resin and the pour channels for the resin are in different places. That is apart from the quality which is poor, has flash and pit holes.

Short sighted individuals will buy these thinking they are getting a bargain or try to justify there purchase with the excuse that the genuine ones are too expensive - crap reason. Many genuine makers are either going out of business or thinking of packing up because of this illegal trade undercutting their business. It's not like it's a huge market and they aren't driving around in Ferrari's just trying to make a reasonable living which is under threat from these scumbags.
RECON22
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 665 posts
Armorama: 652 posts
Posted: Friday, March 20, 2020 - 12:02 AM UTC
Have to disagree there Alan, I buy a lot from AliExpress and the quality is excellent...in fact some are better than what the original manufacturers are turning out, no flash and no clean up required. No names, as I still appreciate what sculptures and manufacturers produce as I still buy originals most the time anyway as the copies take a while to come of the production line. I do mostly figures so for me this is a cheaper way of doing conversions, I prefer to cut up a $10 figure instead of a $24 - $29 dollar figure.......
alanmac
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
Posted: Friday, March 20, 2020 - 02:14 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Have to disagree there Alan, I buy a lot from AliExpress and the quality is excellent...in fact some are better than what the original manufacturers are turning out, no flash and no clean up required. No names, as I still appreciate what sculptures and manufacturers produce as I still buy originals most the time anyway as the copies take a while to come of the production line. I do mostly figures so for me this is a cheaper way of doing conversions, I prefer to cut up a $10 figure instead of a $24 - $29 dollar figure.......

I'm amazed you even admit to buying rip offs. I just hope one day your wages from your work goes to someone else instead of you then you'll get some idea of what it feels like.

As for the quality being better than the original, that's just crap.
 _GOTOTOP