_GOTOBOTTOM
Dioramas
Do you love dioramas & vignettes? We sure do.
Untitled dio finished
Lashed
Visit this Community
New South Wales, Australia
KitMaker: 17 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Sunday, April 11, 2004 - 06:36 PM UTC
G-day all

I have added the new pics of my dio to my Member gallery.
I have added some more battle damage.. ground wrok is done..
tell us what u think.. anything eles need to be done to my frist dio?
Im pretty proud of it being my first =)
The story is:
The half track was rolling along to somewhere.. (dont matter where) when it was attacked by aircraft (hence all the bullet holes).. the only surviving passanger, burried his mates and was now radioing for help. As all this happened a German soldier happened to bump into them.. perhaps a coward?.. not too sure

But its still missing a title.. any ideas?.. something in relation with the stalkin german.
zer0_co0l
Visit this Community
Limburg, Netherlands
KitMaker: 1,432 posts
Posted: Sunday, April 11, 2004 - 06:39 PM UTC
hiya lashed I only get the red x mark gottah change yr link dude.

ave
Visit this Community
Klang, Malaysia
KitMaker: 417 posts
Posted: Sunday, April 11, 2004 - 07:46 PM UTC
I must say I dont quite get what the diorama is about. Is the solitary german supposed to be creeping up on the radioman? I can see that the half track is damaged, are the graves supposed to be those of the crew?
I must say the grass looks a bit too green, perhaps you can tone it down a bit.
the anti tank obstacle could do with a little rust.
and the bullet holes look as if it was hit from the side instead of by aircraft, the punctured tire a pretty good idea though.
the thing is the dio leaves too many questions unanswered, you should be able to look at a dio and know what its about straight away.
ave
Visit this Community
Klang, Malaysia
KitMaker: 417 posts
Posted: Sunday, April 11, 2004 - 07:48 PM UTC
dont know whats happening to me, i missed the whole description part on your post!
Sealhead
Visit this Community
Kansas, United States
KitMaker: 427 posts
Armorama: 212 posts
Posted: Sunday, April 11, 2004 - 11:51 PM UTC
I saw many great aspects, the damage especially. But, one thing caught my eye. It was the uniformity of color. For instance the gun barrels were the exact same color their whole lenth. Wouldn;t the heat, smoke and fire have discolored them more on the ends? Same for vehivle body panels, etc.
Consider adding some ground cover that isn't all the same thing. Like a weed, or even a lonely flower. From all the damge, there could be some debris, from dried leaves, to damaged weapoms, or ominously enough, an empty helmet.

Sealhead

Sealhead
HeavyArty
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 17,694 posts
Armorama: 13,742 posts
Posted: Monday, April 12, 2004 - 02:53 AM UTC
Not bad for a first attempt. A few pointers though. First, the fuel cans on either side of the half track are the wrong type and era, they are Israeli modern fuel cans. Also, why has the survivor taken the time to bury his comrades before calling for help? Most vehicles operated in pairs or close to other vehicles that would have lended help rather quickly. It would not usually have been isolated enough to bury the dead on the spot. They would have been taken back to the rear area to Graves Registration. The damage on the right side looks a little too much as well. The melted and buckled side wall indicates damage that would be created by burning or fire, but there is no indication of such. Bullet holes should also have some bare metal around them, the paint chips off around the hole. Not bad overall for a first attempt. Modeling battle damage is very difficult to get right. Keep practicing and you will come out with some great results. You're off to a great start.
tazz
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 1,462 posts
Posted: Monday, April 12, 2004 - 03:20 AM UTC
you did a nice job for your frist dio.
the gound is done nice .
and i like how u made the graves, and put the helmet on the cross .
i would call the dio ...calling out or come and get me. soimething along them lines
AJLaFleche
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
KitMaker: 8,074 posts
Armorama: 3,293 posts
Posted: Monday, April 12, 2004 - 05:05 AM UTC
Also, given an air attack, multiple machine guns firing simultaneously from a fast moving platform, there'd be craters in the ground and damage to the tank barricade and ESPECIALLY the 55 gallon drum. Have a quick look-see at the impact pattern of the fire team in Full Metal Jacket when the squad is pinned down or even from gun camera footage. Stuff gets really messed up.
You've also left the attachment holes for the gerry can holder just forward of the driver.
Major_Goose
Visit this Community
Kikladhes, Greece / Ελλάδα
KitMaker: 6,871 posts
Armorama: 2,071 posts
Posted: Monday, April 12, 2004 - 05:49 PM UTC
I LIKE IT. As i told u in previous post i like that there is something to say here, not just posing some figures. Whats presaid , have points that could be altered or corrected. But for your first try is very nice (even if it was 3 or 4 still would be ) keep productive and inventive like this. Waiting for your new works. For a title idea: " Gotch u " "The last one" " Death walks behind u" (old rock song ).

Costas
USArmy2534
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 2,716 posts
Armorama: 1,864 posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 13, 2004 - 05:53 AM UTC
Also, being an M16, I don't think that it just took a beating without giving any back. As such, I noticed that there was no empty case shells, empty ammo boxes, as well as no burn marks from a fire. I would imagine, though not always the case, that the attack damaged/destroyed the engine. If thats so, I'd imagine smoke or fire damage to the fire. Also, everything looks too new, especially to have just been destroyed. The German and his panzerfaust are all single color, no dust or mud, or anything; the same goes for at least the right inside of the track, spotless (while the outside it dirty).

That being said, here is what I like:
The simulated damage to the right side, the peeled side, the warpage below it.
The blood in the driver's area is great.
The crosses, the wood
The bullet holes (minus the lack of chipped paint)
The flat tire.
Lashed
Visit this Community
New South Wales, Australia
KitMaker: 17 posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 13, 2004 - 07:51 PM UTC
HAHAHAH!.. Well boys and girls!.. seems like I got [auto-censored]loads to think about for my nes dio yeah?.. lots to take into concideration!.. but thanks alot all for takin the time, veiwing and writing!.. GREATLY APPECIATED!

thanks again people!
 _GOTOTOP