Hosted by Darren Baker
ESCI/Trumpeter T-62 MV Kontakt-1
ChaosXVI
Visit this Community
Metro Manila, Philippines
KitMaker: 128 posts
Armorama: 126 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 04, 2020 - 04:30 PM UTC
This is a combination of the old ESCI T-62M and the recently released Trumpeter T-62 with ERA. I began this project using the ESCI Hull and turret with roadwheels and tracks from a Trumpeter T-55 and ERA blocks from an ACE T-72. But when the Trumpeter T-62 ERA came out, I decided to use the turret and blocks from the new Trumpeter kit.

***Edited photos***

tread_geek
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 2,847 posts
Armorama: 2,667 posts
Posted: Saturday, March 07, 2020 - 04:09 AM UTC
TOBY, been a while since we've seen or heard from you in the good 'ole Braille Scale Forum!!! Ahhh, the old ESCI T-62! Just so happens that I've been toying with trying to resurrect an old shelf queen version of mine for some time (with limited success). Your's looks very nicely done and I like the colour and subtle weathering. What paint did you use for the main colour?

I hope you won't take offence if I might suggest that you show the full size images in your posts here as opposed to the "thumbnails". Larger images make it easier for some newer members to view and then navigate Armorama rather than being transferred to the Kitmaker Gallery pages.

Again, nice to see you back working in the one true scale making a wonderful job of this old ESCi offering.

Cheers,
--Jan
ChaosXVI
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, March 08, 2020 - 12:24 PM UTC
Thank you Jan!I have not been able to share my work in a while because of image issues. I realized my photos were too big so I resized them using Paint on my PC. I am not the most techy person here in Armorama

I need to work on the resizing.

About the paint, if I can recall I only used a Mr Hobby/Mr Color 303 or FS34102. No reference was used to determine the color. It just happens to match the color offered by Ammo of Mig which, even if I had in stock did not want to use because of personal issues using Spanish made acrylic paints and my airbrush
tread_geek
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 2,847 posts
Armorama: 2,667 posts
Posted: Monday, March 09, 2020 - 03:18 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Thank you Jan!I have not been able to share my work in a while because of image issues. I realized my photos were too big so I resized them using Paint on my PC. I am not the most techy person here in Armorama

I need to work on the resizing.

Actually Toby the size of your images that you uploaded to Armorama aren't bad at all. All you needed to do is click on the little icon to the right of the "thumbnail" line and it will show the code you need to use in your posts (Oops, I see you might have found it ). If you need any further info or assistance Just ask and I'll be happy to help.

Quoted Text

About the paint, if I can recall I only used a Mr Hobby/Mr Color 303 or FS34102. No reference was used to determine the color. It just happens to match the color offered by Ammo of Mig ...

Ahhh, FS34102, I love that colour but all they have in my area is a ModelMaster enamel version. I prefer acrylic so I'm stuck using Tamiya and while their NATO green is similar it's also darker.

Cheers,
--Jan
ChaosXVI
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, March 09, 2020 - 10:57 AM UTC
My default is always Tamiya acrylic NATO Green for anything modern then i just add Deck Tan or Buff to alter the shade dependimg if its Russian or US. hehe But i came across a work on fb whede the modeler used 303 so i just had to try it myself 😊
 _GOTOTOP