Hosted by Darren Baker
Soviet 2A3 KONDENSATOR
Skarpins1
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 12 posts
Armorama: 6 posts
Posted: Friday, March 06, 2020 - 02:12 AM UTC
With the release of the Atomic Annie and a the Osprey Superguns book I recently recently received, I would like to build this kit. I know Panzershop made a kit and Trumpeter does now. Can anyone give a review between the two as to which one is better. I have read all the reviews and can't tell but maybe not even be able to get the Panzershop kit anymore. Also references other than the one book I have. Can anyone recommend them. Thanks in advance.
KurtLaughlin
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 2,402 posts
Armorama: 2,377 posts
Posted: Friday, March 06, 2020 - 02:39 AM UTC
When it comes to a resin kit vs. an injection kit, the injection kit has to be significantly, markedly, worse in order for the resin kit to win out. I don't think the Trumpeter kit falls to that level, or anywhere near it.

The biggest complaint I've seen about the Trumpeter kit is the omission of most the wiring and plumbing, of which there is a lot. I've seen a couple of reviews/reports/blogs that noted issues with some fit and knockout pin marks, but a like number of mentions saying it fit well and went together great. I am always leery of un or under-documented reports of fit problems because I see so many builds where guys don't do much if any dry-fitting or cleaning up the edges of the parts. Hard to blame the kit in those cases.

KL
BootsDMS
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 978 posts
Armorama: 965 posts
Posted: Friday, March 06, 2020 - 02:48 AM UTC
Stan,

John Lindbom did the Trumpeter kit justice and posted it on this site; whilst not a kit review as such it might prove helpful. All that wiring/plumbing are not for the faint hearted - especially me!

https://www.armorama.co.uk/features/7903

Brian
Frenchy
Visit this Community
Rhone, France
KitMaker: 12,719 posts
Armorama: 12,507 posts
Posted: Friday, March 06, 2020 - 10:00 PM UTC
A few walkaround pics :

http://scalemodels.ru/news/14422-fotoobzor-sau-2a3-kondensator.html

H.P.
arpikaszabo
Visit this Community
Praha, Czech Republic
KitMaker: 674 posts
Armorama: 637 posts
Posted: Friday, March 06, 2020 - 11:03 PM UTC
Panzershop kits are very complex and difficult to build. Attempt only if you are VERY experienced with resin kits.
Holger
Visit this Community
Primorskiy, Russia
KitMaker: 24 posts
Armorama: 24 posts
Posted: Saturday, March 07, 2020 - 03:37 PM UTC
Gentlemen!
If someone owns a set of Kondensator from a Trumpeter, please tell me what is the diameter of the track whells?
 _GOTOTOP