_GOTOBOTTOM
Dioramas
Do you love dioramas & vignettes? We sure do.
Verlinden
IronPanther
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 47 posts
Armorama: 15 posts
Posted: Monday, April 12, 2004 - 05:07 AM UTC
Hey everyone

I just went and purchased a resin/ceramic ruined house for the dio I'm working on and most of the base broke and is in pieces on the way here. Do I return it or is there a way I can fix it and put the pieces back together?
Rangers Lead the Way
Josh
Rhemz
Visit this Community
Netherlands
KitMaker: 62 posts
Armorama: 31 posts
Posted: Monday, April 12, 2004 - 07:02 AM UTC
hey josh,

Well i have many houses of verlinden, and sometimes they are broken. Well i use "montage kit" that is some kind of glue specialy for resin/ceramic. You can buy it at a craftshop, just ask for a special glue for fixing resin/ceramic. I have many times fixed it and you cannot see that it was broken. I hope you can repair it!! good luck!
slodder
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 11,718 posts
Armorama: 7,138 posts
Posted: Monday, April 12, 2004 - 07:09 AM UTC
Unfortunately some don't make it through the mail... Just part of it. So I wouldn't return it.
Plaster you can fix with 5 min epoxy (two part epoxy you can get at the DIY/Dept store) or white glue. Or what I do is clip a paperclip into 1" sections and drill matching holes on either side like a mortis/tenon joint (if the pieces are big enough). If they are small, some white glue will work. You can also replace with spackle and re-sculpt.
The broken resin can be fixed with 5 min epoxy. You can patch and repair with putty.
jrnelson
Visit this Community
Iowa, United States
KitMaker: 719 posts
Armorama: 566 posts
Posted: Monday, April 12, 2004 - 08:45 AM UTC
Hi there-

I agree with what has been said already.... I have ordered exactly 3 resin/ceramic building sets, and all have arrived with some damage. I think this is pretty much par for the course as far as these kits are concerned.

Slodder hit the nail on the head - that is how I fixed mine as well... good advice.

My only additional advice would be to make sure you assemble/fix the broken pieces before you do any other assembly on the structure. That way you can see how things are going to line up when you are fitting the various parts together.

HTH-
Jeff
 _GOTOTOP