_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Axis - WWII
Armor and ground forces of the Axis forces during World War II.
Hosted by Darren Baker
proper tooth sprocket for Dragon PZ2 kits
namengr
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 332 posts
Armorama: 328 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 24, 2020 - 06:12 AM UTC
Hello all, I recently purchased the Dragon BisonII kit and was reading the review. Comments say the 26 tooth sprockets are incorrect. But I read another review of the panzerIIC kit that says the earlier 25 tooth sprockets were wrong. Could someone help clear this up? Thanks, Wayne
alanmac
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 3,033 posts
Armorama: 2,953 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 24, 2020 - 06:25 AM UTC
I believe the discovery was made when Dragon released their original Panzer II chassis. Terry Ashley when reviewing Dragon kits noted

"All the 1:35 plans in the references below show the 26 teeth and on checking any suitable side on photos of the Panzer II (and other types) confirms the presents of the 26 drive teeth and hopefully this will be fixed at some stage?"

I this apparently was fixed in some later releases but then there was complaints that the tracks would no longer fit correctly.

To be honest if you didn't count the teeth how would you know by just looking at it that it was one tooth short. Better that than tracks that don't fit right.
namengr
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 332 posts
Armorama: 328 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 24, 2020 - 07:31 AM UTC
Yes, the fit issue was what was mentioned in the review comments. I have counted the teeth and they are the 26 tooth sprockets. Wayne
petbat
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 3,353 posts
Armorama: 3,121 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 24, 2020 - 07:57 AM UTC
Simple remedy, cut off the teeth where the tracks sit, then glue them where they fit the holes in the tracks...

Or buy Model Kasten tracks which fit...
 _GOTOTOP