_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
KMT-4 mine plough
MichalBT
Visit this Community
Województwo Kieleckie, Poland
KitMaker: 326 posts
Armorama: 275 posts
Posted: Monday, July 08, 2002 - 12:09 AM UTC
Hi,

I'm looking for drawings or detail photos of KMT-4 mine plough. Believe (or not) information about this system are difficult to find- even in Poland (we used it in the past)

Thanks in advance,

Michal
Maki
Staff MemberSenior Editor
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Croatia Hrvatska
KitMaker: 5,579 posts
Armorama: 2,988 posts
Posted: Monday, July 08, 2002 - 01:53 AM UTC
Michal, I have done KMT (Academy kit with M60 Blazer)... I have found very few references; two or three pics in one of the books I have (Concord's Israels Armor Might) but nothing detailed... If you find something more on KMT, I would be interested in seeing it.

Mario M.

MichalBT
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, July 08, 2002 - 02:12 AM UTC
Hi Mario,

Orginally KMT-4 symbol is reserved by Soviet (and Warsaw Pact armies) for mine plough- not mine roller. And I'm looking for it.
So Academy made big mistake by signing their IDF kits as tanks with KMT-4. In fact this mine roller is only a part of KMT-5 system (full set contains both: mine roller and mine plough). I suggest them to modify kit a little and release Nochri mine roller.
I found several photos of it attached to T-55- it looks really cool. And if you add PS-LWD mine clearing system (on the engine deck) you will receive what I want to build :-)

Michal

P.S. Last year I was in your country- on the island near Rovinji. Great place to spend holidays.
Maki
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Croatia Hrvatska
Posted: Monday, July 08, 2002 - 02:40 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Orginally KMT-4 symbol is reserved by Soviet (and Warsaw Pact armies) for mine plough- not mine roller. And I'm looking for it.
So Academy made big mistake by signing their IDF kits as tanks with KMT-4. In fact this mine roller is only a part of KMT-5 system (full set contains both: mine roller and mine plough). I suggest them to modify kit a little and release Nochri mine roller.
I found several photos of it attached to T-55- it looks really cool. And if you add PS-LWD mine clearing system (on the engine deck) you will receive what I want to build :-)

You know much more than I do about this... I learn something new every day :-) I guess you'll have to do some serious scratchbuilding to make what you want...

Quoted Text

P.S. Last year I was in your country- on the island near Rovinji. Great place to spend holidays.

Glad to hear that. We have a great coast... This year I'll be sailing around the islands (for the 3rd year in a row). This is something you must try out. Once you do it, you're hooked.

Mario M.

MichalBT
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, July 08, 2002 - 04:33 AM UTC
Mario,

One more question to you: do you have photos (or drawings) of explosive mine clearing system which I use by your army. I saw (somewhere) a photo of Croatian T-55 with it. There is a high possiblility that this is Polish PS-LWD (or its copy). And I want to build it too.

Regards,

Michal
Maki
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Croatia Hrvatska
Posted: Monday, July 08, 2002 - 05:42 AM UTC

Quoted Text

One more question to you: do you have photos (or drawings) of explosive mine clearing system which I use by your army. I saw (somewhere) a photo of Croatian T-55 with it. There is a high possiblility that this is Polish PS-LWD (or its copy). And I want to build it too.

I had some photos of T-55 recovery vehicle that someone here wanted, but I must admit I haven't seen the system you're talking about on our T-55s... Then again we use a lot of different mine clearing systems (as the countryside is packed with darned things) and I presume PS-LWD is in Croatian inventory.

Not much help I guess
Mario M.

CaptainJack
Visit this Community
Luxembourg, Belgium
KitMaker: 793 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Monday, July 08, 2002 - 07:43 AM UTC
Hi guys. Now for a little light handed jackology! Let me try this: There is a good possibility you could find some info on the mine plow here: http://www.armouredengineer.force9.co.uk

Well let's see what this gives, shall we? Drum Roll.........
CaptainJack
Visit this Community
Luxembourg, Belgium
Posted: Monday, July 08, 2002 - 07:55 AM UTC
:-) :-) Wow holy poo-poo, holy poo-poo, oops, sorry! Jack got it right this time thanks to Arthur, Paulo and Jim for the tips!!!!

Jack Ferocious back in the saddle again, Yowsa!

Wow there is even a censor feture built into this site, I mean is that cool or what? Is poo poo really an acceptable term though I wonder??
MichalBT
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, July 08, 2002 - 01:45 PM UTC
Hi Mario,

Here is the link to a photo showing Croatian T-55 with (PS-LWD ?)mine clearing system

Croatian mine clearing system

Hi Captain Jack,

Thanks for the link. I didn't find there more about KMT- but I found another thing I was interested in T-55ARV. Co you know the author of this conversion?

Here is the link to a site where you can find more about KMT:

KMT

Regards,

Michal
CaptainJack
Visit this Community
Luxembourg, Belgium
Posted: Monday, July 08, 2002 - 03:57 PM UTC
No; but I"ll see what I can find. I believe it might be John Tassel. It it his site.

Cheers

Jack in a snap
CaptainJack
Visit this Community
Luxembourg, Belgium
Posted: Monday, July 08, 2002 - 09:06 PM UTC
Try here for the recovery contact!: http://www.network54.com/Hide/Forum/message?forumid=47209&messageid=1025449956

Jack in the box
MichalBT
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, July 08, 2002 - 10:07 PM UTC
Thanks!!!!

Michal
Olangi120
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 24 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 09, 2002 - 02:39 AM UTC
There is a photo of a KMT-5M,on a syrian T-55 taken after the battle for the Golan Heights in Oct73.It is found in a book called BATTLE FOR THE GOLAN,THE 12 HOUR BATTLE THAT SAVED ISREAL
 _GOTOTOP