Hosted by Darren Baker
T-14 Armata
mertox
Visit this Community
Mississippi, United States
KitMaker: 39 posts
Armorama: 39 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 09, 2020 - 03:31 AM UTC
I had never built a Zvezda kit before, so I went looking for some of their newer kits. I got the T-90, their 2S35 and the Revell T-14 which is a rebox of the Zvezda kit. I built the T-14 first. The chassis and hull went together very much like an Academy kit, seamless and streamlined. But then the turret and deck additions were much more complicated. Nothing too difficult by any means, but it was almost like two different kits in how the lower hull/chassis and the turret went together. Overall a fun build. I didn't use the standard green like you often see them from those parade photos. I went with a green with toupe and dark grey camo pattern, but the lighting made it come across more like a desert camo in pictures. The green is a lot more prominent in person. For weathering, strictly dust and dirt and little grease and oil residue. No rust effects. While the T-14 does have some steel in the armor, the majority is ceramic and composite armor which realistically wouldn't rust. So being an ultra-modern tank with mostly non-rusting armor, I just avoided rust completely and just went for the dirty, used look.

panamadan
Visit this Community
Minnesota, United States
KitMaker: 1,513 posts
Armorama: 1,449 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 09, 2020 - 04:30 AM UTC
Very nice!
gibbo
Visit this Community
Australian Capital Territory, Australia
KitMaker: 30 posts
Armorama: 30 posts
Posted: Friday, April 10, 2020 - 01:19 AM UTC
Like it.
Are the kit T14 prototype or production models?
mertox
Visit this Community
Mississippi, United States
KitMaker: 39 posts
Armorama: 39 posts
Posted: Sunday, April 12, 2020 - 08:01 AM UTC
It is production. The Russiam military has 100 on order and so far 20 has been delivered.
bat_213
Visit this Community
Canada
KitMaker: 110 posts
Armorama: 95 posts
Posted: Sunday, April 12, 2020 - 10:30 AM UTC
great build your paint is very cool.
 _GOTOTOP