_GOTOBOTTOM
Figures
Military figures of all shapes and sizes.
News
SOGA: British Infantry at Rest
Maki
Staff MemberSenior Editor
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Croatia Hrvatska
KitMaker: 5,579 posts
Armorama: 2,988 posts
Posted: Saturday, April 18, 2020 - 05:45 AM UTC

Soga Miniatures announced their new figure set.

Read the Full News Story

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
ninjrk
Visit this Community
Alabama, United States
KitMaker: 1,381 posts
Armorama: 1,347 posts
Posted: Saturday, April 18, 2020 - 05:59 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Soga Miniatures announced their new figure set.

Read the Full News Story

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!

Soga is one of the manufacturers that makes you pick and build a kit just to have a vehicle to go with their figures.
marcb
Visit this Community
Overijssel, Netherlands
KitMaker: 1,244 posts
Armorama: 1,226 posts
Posted: Saturday, April 18, 2020 - 08:24 AM UTC
Great news!
multibank17pdr
Visit this Community
France
KitMaker: 127 posts
Armorama: 119 posts
Posted: Saturday, April 18, 2020 - 10:17 AM UTC
Great news... I am already thinking of splitting this team in two to fit two "scenettes" I am thinking of !! A beautiful idea and addition. Well done SOGA !
Biggles2
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 7,600 posts
Armorama: 6,110 posts
Posted: Saturday, April 18, 2020 - 11:03 AM UTC
Hmmm...a couple of those figures could be used as recon, or observers, and some of the others could double as wounded.
Taeuss
Visit this Community
Manitoba, Canada
KitMaker: 3,791 posts
Armorama: 3,778 posts
Posted: Saturday, April 18, 2020 - 12:21 PM UTC
Nicely done; can always use some good Commonwealth figures.
Black_sheep
Visit this Community
Bayern, Germany
KitMaker: 823 posts
Armorama: 170 posts
Posted: Saturday, April 18, 2020 - 06:05 PM UTC
These one will fit perfectly to my Universal Carrier with its RESICAST "dead tired" crew
BootsDMS
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 978 posts
Armorama: 965 posts
Posted: Sunday, April 19, 2020 - 08:05 AM UTC
Chaps,

Sorry to rain on anyone's parade here but there are, regrettably, issues with the personal equipment (webbing) here; some of the positioning just isn't possible, and in other poses there are straps just missing!

Overall of course, nice stances - resting/exhausted figures are always - but do beware the webbing issues if you intend to purchase these.

Brian
knewton
Visit this Community
New Zealand
KitMaker: 1,217 posts
Armorama: 1,092 posts
Posted: Sunday, April 19, 2020 - 09:32 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Chaps,

Sorry to rain on anyone's parade here but there are, regrettably, issues with the personal equipment (webbing) here; some of the positioning just isn't possible, and in other poses there are straps just missing!

Overall of course, nice stances - resting/exhausted figures are always - but do beware the webbing issues if you intend to purchase these.

Brian

Ok, so as a non-Allied modeller who is interested in purchasing these (to go with an Axis wreck), can you, please, expand on this? I’m familiar with WWII Germans, not so good with Allies.

Thank you,
marcb
Visit this Community
Overijssel, Netherlands
KitMaker: 1,244 posts
Armorama: 1,226 posts
Posted: Sunday, April 19, 2020 - 10:15 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Chaps,

Brian

Ok, so as a non-Allied modeller who is interested in purchasing these (to go with an Axis wreck), can you, please, expand on this? I’m familiar with WWII Germans, not so good with Allies.

Thank you,

Interested as well.

Also not sure if the webbing anklets aren't too high.
andyevans
Visit this Community
England - East Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 369 posts
Armorama: 249 posts
Posted: Sunday, April 19, 2020 - 07:26 PM UTC
These look great.

Still wondering what happened to the Ramcke Brigade figures and the US Para Jeep riders though, any news on a release for these ?
BootsDMS
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, April 19, 2020 - 08:39 PM UTC
First, I would just stress that I'm not carping for the sake of it; with a couple of tweaks these figures would be great but the webbing issues need addressing. If the equipment is moulded separately then there shouldn't be too much of a problem in fixing these.

Photo 1. Prone figure bottom left of picture. The entrenching took holder is shown centrally placed, below the small pack; this is possible to affix like this (see mention of adaptor strap below) but it would be at the expense of not being able to secure the waterbottle, as both ends of the cross straps – secured by the 2 buckles at the rear of the belt – are taken up with the entrenching tool holder. The norm would be to have the entrenching tool positioned to the left (as one looks at the picture) so that it is secured by the strap end (of the cross straps) underneath the front left ammo pouch and one of the ends at the rear; the water bottle – on the right hip – is attached by the buckles to the cross strap from the right hand ammo pouch and the remaining end of the cross straps ie the right-hand (as one looks at it) rear buckle at the rear of the belt. The picture seems to show (correctly) the waterbottle on the right hip but the securing strap/buckle arrangement needs to be adjusted (and the entrenching tool holder moved over to the left. This figure also appears to have his groundsheet or possibly gas cape secured directly to the belt; whilst this would normally be carried in the small pack I think I’ve seen pictures showing this secured to the belt as depicted (probably with string) so I’ll say no more.

I must add that there appears to have been an adaptor strap to enable the entrenching tool holder to be worn centrally yet still secure the waterbottle, but this would also have to be modelled though with an etch buckle and some plastic strip

Photo 2. Sitting Figure holding rifle. This figure appears to have the later pattern of rifle but this had a small spike-type bayonet yet somehow he has contrived to have a bayonet attached to his small pack, and the bayonet is the longer type from the earlier Lee Enfield rifle. There is no means of securing it in this way to the pack unless he has contrived to have loops added or some other method of securing it. This would be unusual although not unfeasible. Battalions of the British Army at the time would have a soldier who was qualified as an equipment repairer so this methodology could have been achieved albeit I would have thought rare. His entrenching tool also needs to be adjusted to reflect the positioning described above. What I think is overdone is the apparent ammo pouch creeping towards his armpit; I feel that the pouch in this position is shown too far. Of course, depending on how far the belt may have slipped during movement, the whole ensemble would ruck up a bit but I just think this one is done too much. If the belt is undone – as these are resting - then all well and good, but to my mind needs adjusting a bit.

Photo 5. Figure bottom left. The ends of the cross straps are missing from the belt buckles at the rear; as I’ve tried to describe these are used to secure the waterbottle and the entrenching tool respectively; admittedly the latter item is not shown here but the water bottle is so should be adjusted/modelled to show this.

I must just say it is nice to see the side buckles modelled on the small pack and the ends of the "L" straps (that secure the small pack). I also think that the anklets are about right - these were the days before it became fashionable to "blouse" the trousers with elastic bands; that said, when walking out it was the case that trousers had small weights added to give such an affect, but for combat, no. Nice to see studs on the soles as well though in the interests of pure pedantry, the number of studs was reduced (to save metal!) to around 7 I believe. I had 13 in my issue boots when I joined the army but this was not in WW2!

So, nice figures but some mods/tweaks required.

Brian

Dmitri
Visit this Community
Russia
KitMaker: 179 posts
Armorama: 73 posts
Posted: Monday, April 20, 2020 - 01:13 AM UTC
Dear Friens
Thank you friends for your feedbacks.

Dear Andy Evans
The kit with US paratroopers with Jeep is already on sale.

http://soga-miniatures.ru.com/index.php?productID=47169
http://soga-miniatures.ru.com/index.php?productID=47170

A set with German paratroopers Ramke is now cast and I paint the figures on box art.
andyevans
Visit this Community
England - East Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 369 posts
Armorama: 249 posts
Posted: Monday, April 20, 2020 - 02:41 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Dear Friens
Thank you friends for your feedbacks.

Dear Andy Evans
The kit with US paratroopers with Jeep is already on sale.

http://soga-miniatures.ru.com/index.php?productID=47169
http://soga-miniatures.ru.com/index.php?productID=47170

A set with German paratroopers Ramke is now cast and I paint the figures on box art.

Hi Dmitri, thanks for the reply and letting me know about the figures. I'll place an order very soon. !

Thanks
BootsDMS
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, April 20, 2020 - 06:11 AM UTC
Just in case people think I'm in the running for Moaner of the Year I've since been in contact with Dmitri to explain my comments further.

My only aim was to enable modellers to get it right, not least having worn/used (and cleaned!) more 37 pat webbing than I care to recall, I felt I almost had a vested interest.

Brian
Dmitri
Visit this Community
Russia
KitMaker: 179 posts
Armorama: 73 posts
Posted: Monday, April 20, 2020 - 08:32 PM UTC
Dear Brian.
Thank you for your criticism. We will make changes to the figures to make the position of the belts for the flask more correct. We just will not change the position of the large bayonet attached to the satchel of the figure. This bayonet is pictured in book Martin J. Brayley "British Web Equipment of the Two World Wars (Europa Militaria)". It was one of many books we learned about the history of the uniform of the British army.
Maki
Staff MemberSenior Editor
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Croatia Hrvatska
KitMaker: 5,579 posts
Armorama: 2,988 posts
Posted: Monday, April 20, 2020 - 09:20 PM UTC
I think it is great to hear constructive criticism, and even more that the manufacturer is open to making changes to the figures based on the input. Well done guys!

Mario
bill_c
Staff MemberCampaigns Administrator
MODEL SHIPWRIGHTS
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 10,553 posts
Armorama: 8,109 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 22, 2020 - 02:05 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I think it is great to hear constructive criticism, and even more that the manufacturer is open to making changes to the figures based on the input. Well done guys!

Yes, bravo Dmitri in particular and Soga in general. Soga is a leader in 1/35th figures and should be commended for "getting things right."
AlanL
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 14,499 posts
Armorama: 11,675 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 22, 2020 - 11:05 PM UTC
Hi,

Just on the comments above. It is perfectly possible to hang the entrenching tool from the bottom straps of the small back pack on 37 webbing so whilst the arrangement might be odd it can be done. 37 cross straps came in normal and long sizes so one can also affix both the entrenching tool and water bottle to the same back strap, tight fit but again can be done. The ground sheet could be tied on or strapped on with some small utility straps. Infantrymen tend to personalise how they were their kit in the field so I don't really have any issues with these guys which look good and will make a very useful set of figures in plastic that are long overdue.

Al
diehard57
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1 posts
Armorama: 1 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 23, 2020 - 09:46 AM UTC
Reference the bayonet attached to the shoulder strap, if you look on You Tube there is a clip from the Ealing Studios film “Nine Men” which shows the bayonet worn in this manner. I believe it was an option to avoid having items hanging below the waist when tackling assault courses and the like.
 _GOTOTOP