_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Allied - WWII
Armor and ground forces of the Allied forces during World War II.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Churchill Tanks Sent To Korea
long_tom
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 2,362 posts
Armorama: 2,005 posts
Posted: Friday, April 24, 2020 - 04:25 PM UTC
There must have been some besides the Crocodiles themselves. I ask because I see AFV Club makes a huge variety of Churchill variants, as eBay provides.
ALBOWIE
Visit this Community
New South Wales, Australia
KitMaker: 1,605 posts
Armorama: 1,565 posts
Posted: Friday, April 24, 2020 - 04:57 PM UTC
No, a Regiment of Churchill Mk VII's with Crocodile Kit. That was it, no other variant sent, Quickly replaced by Centurion Mk III. AFV CLub have announced a MK VII but cannot remember if they have Croc or not

Al
ironhull
Visit this Community
Venezia, Italy
KitMaker: 134 posts
Armorama: 134 posts
Posted: Friday, April 24, 2020 - 05:31 PM UTC

Quoted Text

... AFV CLub have announced a MK VII but cannot remember if they have Croc or not
Al

Standard tank, Crocodile may follow.
Bye
JohnTapsell
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 227 posts
Armorama: 226 posts
Posted: Friday, April 24, 2020 - 09:31 PM UTC

Quoted Text

No, a Regiment of Churchill Mk VII's with Crocodile Kit. That was it, no other variant sent, Quickly replaced by Centurion Mk III. AFV CLub have announced a MK VII but cannot remember if they have Croc or not

Al

It was actually just one Squadron of Crocodiles from 7 RTR that was sent to Korea, not a full battalion.

Although not gun tank variants, the Churchill ARV Mk II was definitely sent to Korea and I believe some bridgelayers too (but can't confirm the latter).

Regards,
John
long_tom
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 2,362 posts
Armorama: 2,005 posts
Posted: Saturday, April 25, 2020 - 02:56 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Al

It was actually just one Squadron of Crocodiles from 7 RTR that was sent to Korea, not a full battalion.

Although not gun tank variants, the Churchill ARV Mk II was definitely sent to Korea and I believe some bridgelayers too (but can't confirm the latter).

Regards,
John

Thanks. If ever AFV Club comes out with a Crocodile, it will go into my shopping cart.
RLlockie
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,112 posts
Armorama: 938 posts
Posted: Saturday, April 25, 2020 - 09:30 AM UTC
Due to lack of opportunity for flamethrowing anyway, the trailers were dropped fairly early and they fought without them as normal gun tanks. Presumably the hull Besa was not reinstated though.
 _GOTOTOP