_GOTOBOTTOM
Site Talk
Site announcements, comments, or feedback about the site.
Using an ad blocker?
phil2015
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 502 posts
Armorama: 325 posts
Posted: Friday, April 24, 2020 - 09:07 PM UTC
*Sometimes* when I come to armorama, I get this message: "Using an ad blocker?"

Just below the armorama banner there is a subwindow with scrolling images of recent articles and to its right a subwindow with an ad. But *sometimes* I get a message in this window that asks if I'm using an adblocker and please to enable the site.

I do not have an adblocker on this machine. I use the latest version of Firefox (with no add-ons) on a Mac. Is there something I can toggle in a setting that would allow armorama to get credit with the advertiser for my site visits?

It's not really an issue for my experience of the site, just trying to help if I can....

Phil

All_You_Can_Kit
Visit this Community
Jakarta Raya, Indonesia
KitMaker: 599 posts
Armorama: 527 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 30, 2020 - 10:32 AM UTC

Quoted Text

*Sometimes* when I come to armorama, I get this message: "Using an ad blocker?"

Just below the armorama banner there is a subwindow with scrolling images of recent articles and to its right a subwindow with an ad. But *sometimes* I get a message in this window that asks if I'm using an adblocker and please to enable the site.

I do not have an adblocker on this machine. I use the latest version of Firefox (with no add-ons) on a Mac. Is there something I can toggle in a setting that would allow armorama to get credit with the advertiser for my site visits?

It's not really an issue for my experience of the site, just trying to help if I can....

Phil

I really not the expert in setting-up Mozilla options, especially on Mac, but you may try this one:

Find "Options"
Then choose "Privacy & Security"
Then find "Permissions"
Uncheck "Block pop-up windows" option

And don't forget to restart your browser.

Hope that helps
justsendit
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 3,033 posts
Armorama: 2,492 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 30, 2020 - 04:46 PM UTC
Have you tried using the Mac native Safari browser? Also, are you using the latest version of Catalina OS on your Mac?

—mike
 _GOTOTOP