_GOTOBOTTOM
Яusso-Soviэt Forum
Russian or Soviet vehicles/armor modeling forum.
got the miniart su-85 with interior
youpey
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 528 posts
Armorama: 468 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 29, 2020 - 10:50 PM UTC
i got the miniart su-85 with interior, and i have to say my goodness, its a little overwhelming. the instructions is a book with like 75 steps and there is like 3 pounds of plastic in the box.

i will say at ~ 60 dollars, its a steal. im nearly done with the Tamiya nashorn and then i will start to build this one.

i saw another post by a brilliant builder of this exact model and its what inspired me to get this.

i was hoping to be able to pull off the top to be able to see the interior, but since it doesnt seem possible to do it, i will just not glue the top pieces down.

THIS THREAD IS WORTHLESS WITHOUT PICS...coming soon
spongya
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
MODELGEEK
Visit this Community
Budapest, Hungary
KitMaker: 2,365 posts
Armorama: 1,709 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 29, 2020 - 11:10 PM UTC
Good for you I personally really like the MiniArt kits with interior... they really fill a gap in the market (and in the model. Excuse me for the really bad joke. I have no excuse.) I build the SU-122, T-44, T-54-1, T-60 so far, and have a T-55 in the stash. Would like to get the Grant as well.

The thing is just keep going one step at a time; this way you won't feel overwhelmed. They are well-designed models, so there should be no issue during the building. Also: the exteremly thin plastic tubing - sometimes it's simpler just to make wire replacement. (Just giving you a heads-up.)
 _GOTOTOP