_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Allied - WWII
Armor and ground forces of the Allied forces during World War II.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Rendevous in the Desert
AlanL
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 14,499 posts
Armorama: 11,675 posts
Posted: Friday, May 01, 2020 - 02:41 AM UTC
Hi folks,

In an attempt to get going again I thought I'd do the Bantam BRC 40 from Miniaart along with a captures Fieseler Storch from Tristar in a small desert setting. I've had the kits for quite a number of years now and got the Storch based on a picture I'd seen of a captured plane. I believe by wars end the RAF had around 60 of these on establishment.

The Bantam being the forerunner of the Wills & Ford Jeeps around 2,605 were produced between March to December 1941 but the limited design and production facilities meant a switch of contract to Willis & Ford so not meeting the new specification they were then shipped on Lend Lease to Britain and Russia.

I've dug up a very old base to use and will see how things develop. The plane is not yet finished but the bulk of the build is done and it was interesting building a plane again after so many years. It's a nice kit but painting the canopy was a bit of a task. The wings, door and decals need to be attached.

The miniart kit had a lot of flash on it and I'm just starting to clean up the parts. Anyway now to see if I can still upload some pictures. Amazing how may simple things one forgets when you stop doing something even for a yew years.

Al

[url[/url]

" TARGET="_blank">[URL=https://s109.photobucket.com/user/11A_02/media/Aircraft/Storch/P1040129_zpsuczotmb5.jpg.html]

Al
bat_213
Visit this Community
Canada
KitMaker: 110 posts
Armorama: 95 posts
Posted: Friday, May 01, 2020 - 09:46 AM UTC
looks good at this point.
Brigandine
Visit this Community
Dunedin, New Zealand
KitMaker: 553 posts
Armorama: 312 posts
Posted: Sunday, May 03, 2020 - 03:58 PM UTC
Howdy Alan, it's been a while since I've visited Armorama, but I see you're still creating your usual masterpieces.
 _GOTOTOP