_GOTOBOTTOM
AFV Painting & Weathering
Answers to questions about the right paint scheme or tips for the right effect.
Interior color for Wehrmacht soft skins
DAKjunkie
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 9 posts
Armorama: 8 posts
Posted: Friday, May 01, 2020 - 06:27 AM UTC
I find little or no info on the color for the Roden Opel Bus Komandowagen. In general, truck cabs or car interiors seem to have no info. Does anyone have recommendations or references?
dakjunkie
barnslayer
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 102 posts
Armorama: 102 posts
Posted: Friday, May 01, 2020 - 07:58 AM UTC
All I found were other modelers work and an exterior painting guide. No mention of the interior on the guide. Scroll down to the picture file for the painting guide.

https://web.ipmsusa3.org/content/opel-blitzbus-ludewig-aero-wwii-service
SSGToms
Visit this Community
Connecticut, United States
KitMaker: 3,608 posts
Armorama: 3,092 posts
Posted: Saturday, May 02, 2020 - 12:17 AM UTC
The metal of the interior is the same color as the metal of the exterior. Soft surfaces (door panels and upholstery) are a complimentary color.
DAKjunkie
Visit this Community
United States
Posted: Monday, May 04, 2020 - 06:42 AM UTC

Quoted Text

The metal of the interior is the same color as the metal of the exterior. Soft surfaces (door panels and upholstery) are a complimentary color.

Matt,
Do you mean that if the exterior was dark grey, that all of the interior would also be dark grey except the wooden floor? It just seems that would make a very dark environment for an office situation as in the HQ Stabswagen. But I don't have any references. I would agree that vehicles like the Kubel, and cargo trucks that were originally grey on the outside would most likely be grey on the interior as well, but I wondered if something like this bus or even an HQ Caravan might be different. Thank you for your reply.
Jack
DAKjunkie
Visit this Community
United States
Posted: Monday, May 04, 2020 - 06:44 AM UTC
Thanks, I'm glad that it is not just my own stupidity that I have not found more information.
Jack Mallek
SSGToms
Visit this Community
Connecticut, United States
KitMaker: 3,608 posts
Armorama: 3,092 posts
Posted: Monday, May 04, 2020 - 07:09 AM UTC
I was thinking of trucks and staff cars based on examples I have seen and thousands of hours restoring 1930s - 1950s vehicles. Even the bus would be the same color inside and out. See, back then they considered the exterior metal and interior metal to be all the same and it got painted at the same time. However, I've never seen the inside of an HQ bus, they could have painted it elfenbein for all I know.
ayovtshev
Visit this Community
Sofiya, Bulgaria
KitMaker: 1,432 posts
Armorama: 1,390 posts
Posted: Monday, May 04, 2020 - 07:30 AM UTC
Jack,

Check out the website of Piet van Hees
http://www.pietvanhees.nl/blitzbus/

It has a section for interior pictures, containing around 15 photos.

HTH,
 _GOTOTOP