_GOTOBOTTOM
Figures
Military figures of all shapes and sizes.
News
Master Box: "Urgent Dispatch"
tatbaqui
Staff MemberNews Writer
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Metro Manila, Philippines
KitMaker: 2,713 posts
Armorama: 2,451 posts
Posted: Saturday, May 02, 2020 - 04:57 PM UTC

New figure set from Master Box.

Read the Full News Story

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
PanzerKarl
Visit this Community
England - North West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,439 posts
Armorama: 1,980 posts
Posted: Saturday, May 02, 2020 - 05:23 PM UTC
Would an officer be on dispatch duties?
firstcircle
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,249 posts
Armorama: 2,007 posts
Posted: Saturday, May 02, 2020 - 08:34 PM UTC
Perhaps the title of this offering is the problem, or that fancy looking sealed letter he's handing over. I think we can say for certain that officers rode horses and officers talked to each other and handed each other pieces of paper. The impudent look of the bloke smoking a fag while in the presence of the officers perhaps seems more wrong.
Bravo1102
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 2,864 posts
Armorama: 2,497 posts
Posted: Saturday, May 02, 2020 - 10:50 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Would an officer be on dispatch duties?

That's what aides and staff officers used to do. Carry dispatches. Might be important orders that can't be trusted to anyone but an officer and certainly not to the radio.

And I love the smoking guy, though he'd be more likely to be in the vehicle out of earshot of how the important officers carry on.
jrutman
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 7,941 posts
Armorama: 7,934 posts
Posted: Sunday, May 03, 2020 - 01:30 AM UTC
Very useful looking release! Given the avalanche of horses the German Army used they aren't represented enough in scale IMHO.
As has been said the private is not in the right place at the right time! Hahahha but he is a useful fig for somewhere else.
And yes,important dispatches were marked"Officer courier only". This was more true in Normandy where the Germans quickly realized the Allies had superb radio signal location gear and would have artillery hell rain down if they kept a station open for long.
Lastly,I have to say that box art is just blindingly superb ! The colors and depth and proportion are spot on ! Wow !!
Remains to be seen if any plastic anywhere could match the brilliance of that boxart,
J
white4doc
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
KitMaker: 1,086 posts
Armorama: 964 posts
Posted: Sunday, May 03, 2020 - 01:31 AM UTC
Often you'd wonder how a relatively junior enlisted man would get solid information about what was going on at the head shed, here you actually see the reason in evidence. The two officers carrying on and ignoring the smoker on a break. Can't vouch for how accurate the set is for the World War II German Army, but I can say I've seen it happen more times than I care to count during my own time. The E4 Mafia/LCPL Underground at its' clandestine finest gathering intel one cancer stick at a time!
Tank1812
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 1,112 posts
Armorama: 886 posts
Posted: Sunday, May 03, 2020 - 01:38 AM UTC

Quoted Text

The E4 Mafia/LCPL Underground at its' clandestine finest gathering intel one cancer stick at a time!

ml-fin
Visit this Community
Finland
KitMaker: 37 posts
Armorama: 37 posts
Posted: Sunday, May 03, 2020 - 02:17 AM UTC
Nice that they released these figures also without that radiocar.
18Bravo
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 7,219 posts
Armorama: 6,097 posts
Posted: Sunday, May 03, 2020 - 02:18 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Often you'd wonder how a relatively junior enlisted man would get solid information about what was going on at the head shed, here you actually see the reason in evidence. The two officers carrying on and ignoring the smoker on a break. Can't vouch for how accurate the set is for the World War II German Army, but I can say I've seen it happen more times than I care to count during my own time. The E4 Mafia/LCPL Underground at its' clandestine finest gathering intel one cancer stick at a time!

That and the fact that many trusted NCO's are on a dude name basis with their officers, they're going to be asked for advice anyway.
leviman
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 80 posts
Armorama: 76 posts
Posted: Sunday, May 03, 2020 - 07:48 AM UTC
These figures were previously released with a Mercedes 170 radio car. A useful set with some anomalies. The mounted officer is wearing a " Sam Browne " discontinued in 1940, and the wireless operator is in an M43 cap.
airborne1
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 915 posts
Armorama: 797 posts
Posted: Sunday, May 03, 2020 - 07:50 PM UTC
Yes Alex,

They are a re-release from the box at the top.

The detail in the figures and horse is exquisite for plastic figures.

They will be a good addition to a dio.

Michael

Taeuss
Visit this Community
Manitoba, Canada
KitMaker: 3,791 posts
Armorama: 3,778 posts
Posted: Monday, May 04, 2020 - 12:59 AM UTC
A great set and really useful, especially in early-war dios. As to the Sam Browne that the riding officer is wearing: once issued most soldiers continued to wear that item until destroyed, replaced or lost so while I would use them in a Battle of France dio easily enough you could see rear area soldiers wearing almost any combination later in the war. The sprawled figure is great and I'd place him in the bed of a truck amid supplies; he looks like a scrounger to me.
 _GOTOTOP