_GOTOBOTTOM
AFV Painting & Weathering
Answers to questions about the right paint scheme or tips for the right effect.
cross over from Vallejo 922 green ?
straightedge
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
KitMaker: 1,352 posts
Armorama: 629 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 14, 2004 - 01:33 PM UTC
I was wondering if anybody could find a match to Vallejo 922 uniform green which looks like a dead on color to what I want, but my LHS only sells Tamiya, Testors, Testors MM, and Badger paints.
I looked at that big cross over chart and with 19 paint companies, you would think Vallejo would be one of them, but it's not.
I was looking at the artical on painting figures, and they said this was the color they used, and it looked just right to what I want, but I can't get hold of Vallejo paint. If somebody could help me I sure would appreciate their help.

Kerry
Tommy2Thumbs
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 43 posts
Armorama: 42 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 15, 2004 - 11:23 PM UTC
Looking at Vallejos own comparison chart (which covers Tamiya, Revell, Gunze, Humbrol, Testors and Andrea) the only match is Andrea AC3 - which unfortunately is probably harder to get than Vallejo.

Could you order Vallejo online?
straightedge
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
KitMaker: 1,352 posts
Armorama: 629 posts
Posted: Sunday, April 18, 2004 - 05:44 PM UTC
I appreciate it Tommy2Thumbs, but as we speak, my LHS is trying to go thru their channels to see what they can come up with. See at first, I just figured they wouldn't wanted to be bothered with just one paint, but they said they would try for me, and they can beat the shipping way better then I can.
See that is the trouble of assuming, after talking to them, I found out they are hooked up to a lot bigger net then I first thought, even though they don't handle Vallejo themselves, they do business with others that do, then see about a trade.
Your LHS can be very resourceful if they want to be. Your probably right about that Andrea AC3. I just can't believe that non of the other manufacturers haven't made this color before, instead of just coming close.
 _GOTOTOP