Hosted by Darren Baker
Chinese past and present Tanks
tanknick22
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 1,139 posts
Armorama: 1,100 posts
Posted: Friday, May 08, 2020 - 10:27 AM UTC
I am doing a past and present build theme of of China and other major tank Producing countries China is next on my list
the theme is past and present tanks have to be produced in the country I already have a type 99 (ZTZ99 ) but for the past i was thinking about a Type 59 or is there another tank that preceded the type 59
as for as the Type 59 can one be built from Tamiya's T55?
grunt136mike
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 1,896 posts
Armorama: 1,858 posts
Posted: Friday, May 08, 2020 - 03:21 PM UTC
Hi;

Chinese Tanks that they made in the past is hard to ident; some were copies of Soviet Design for the most part.
Other than what you already listed, the type 54 as for MBTs, some other types were the type/54 ! They made A foray into the export with the type/85 for there own use they made the ZTZ series with the 96,& 2000 !! The ZTZ series were more linked to the T-72 with A longer Hull ! Your Best choice would be the Miniart Type/59

CHEERS; MIKE.
GeraldOwens
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 3,736 posts
Armorama: 3,697 posts
Posted: Friday, May 08, 2020 - 07:55 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I am doing a past and present build theme of of China and other major tank Producing countries China is next on my list
the theme is past and present tanks have to be produced in the country I already have a type 99 (ZTZ99 ) but for the past i was thinking about a Type 59 or is there another tank that preceded the type 59
as for as the Type 59 can one be built from Tamiya's T55?

There are several Type 59 kits available from Miniart and Takom, so there is no need for a conversion. And Hobby Boss just released a brand new version.
 _GOTOTOP