_GOTOBOTTOM
Figures
Military figures of all shapes and sizes.
News
H3 Models: WWII US Paras
Maki
Staff MemberSenior Editor
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Croatia Hrvatska
KitMaker: 5,579 posts
Armorama: 2,988 posts
Posted: Thursday, May 14, 2020 - 08:45 PM UTC

H3 Models is a new figure company from Korea. The owner of the company is Ho Seo, the man who previously sculpted for different companies, like Infinity Shape, etc. Here we present Ho Seo's latest masterpieces, released under his own label, H3 Models.

Read the Full News Story

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
Charby
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 78 posts
Armorama: 78 posts
Posted: Thursday, May 14, 2020 - 11:44 PM UTC
As much as I respect and admire paratroopers, I find there are already more of these on the market than we need, considering their limited use with armored vehicles. Even more so with these, who are all wearing the M1942 paratropper uniform that had pretty much been phased out after D-Day.

A set of straight GIs, either in standard M1941 garb with Parson's jacket and leggings or in M1943 combat gear, in relaxed poses or on the march, would offer a lot more possibilities IMHO.

Cheers!
Monsoon
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 81 posts
Armorama: 69 posts
Posted: Friday, May 15, 2020 - 08:03 AM UTC

Quoted Text

As much as I respect and admire paratroopers, I find there are already more of these on the market than we need, considering their limited use with armored vehicles. Even more so with these, who are all wearing the M1942 paratropper uniform that had pretty much been phased out after D-Day.

A set of straight GIs, either in standard M1941 garb with Parson's jacket and leggings or in M1943 combat gear, in relaxed poses or on the march, would offer a lot more possibilities IMHO.

Cheers!

Shhh.....that's just crazy talk.

I agree. These are great figures, but they are limited to when they can be used.
multibank17pdr
Visit this Community
France
KitMaker: 127 posts
Armorama: 119 posts
Posted: Friday, May 15, 2020 - 09:16 AM UTC
Hervé, Jeff,

thanks for you input. What is your advice to match these great figures with tanks or soft skin... I guess a Jeep for rest time will be okay but as far as frontline may be concerned, any suggestions ??
Thanks in a advance
Maki
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Croatia Hrvatska
Posted: Friday, May 15, 2020 - 09:19 AM UTC
Not an expert in WW2 garb and gear, so I can’t join the discussion.

However, the thing that rocks my boat is the fact these are 3D printed figures and they look as clean as resin cast figures... no evidence of any printing imperfections even under high magnification. Wow.

Mario
18Bravo
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 7,219 posts
Armorama: 6,097 posts
Posted: Friday, May 15, 2020 - 09:26 AM UTC

Quoted Text

As much as I respect and admire paratroopers, I find there are already more of these on the market than we need...

Not enough in my opinion, as few sets get everything right. Even this set misses the mark - they would be wearing Corcorans. Missing is the angled heel (not so noticeable) and the missing toecaps. (very noticeable)

Maybe someday...

Edit: My comments apply to the group photo. Interestingly, in the individual photos theyh appear to have toe caps after all. One even has the angled heels, but the others still do not.
Yankasippi
Visit this Community
Mississippi, United States
KitMaker: 134 posts
Armorama: 133 posts
Posted: Friday, May 15, 2020 - 11:18 AM UTC
I am WOW, impressed. They do look like sculpted figures except for the all important hands which may be spot on as far as compared to the body size, but are more important than other parts of the body from the perspective of a human. Hence, bigger hands, not greatly bigger, but bigger than what real scale measures out to be is like playing a trick the eyes. Emphasis is on hands and what they do. When you have a great head and other details like these remarkable figures have it is not quite noticeable until you become aware of the importance your eyes place on hands, hands that can be friendly or dangerous, then the more apparent they are. Its too bad that this can't be fixed. I still like sculpted figures more, and if you compare an Alpine head to any 3D printed the Alpine looks the best. It is probably because the 3D is recording more information than you see when you are looking at a real person at a distance. Its funny, I really like these figures and may have to get one. But what ww2 Europe time period are these paratrooper's uniforms for? Normandy? Holland? Oeration Varsity? I have trouble distinguishing airborne uniforms but I am told that there were different jackets and pants trousers for each of the big three jumps.
Yankasippi
Visit this Community
Mississippi, United States
KitMaker: 134 posts
Armorama: 133 posts
Posted: Friday, May 15, 2020 - 11:22 AM UTC
I just checked the prices. No way.
18Bravo
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 7,219 posts
Armorama: 6,097 posts
Posted: Friday, May 15, 2020 - 11:26 AM UTC
The M1942 uniform was used at Normandy. They were supposed to be turned in shortly afterwards but many paratroopers managed to keep as a set as a sort of badge of honor. Not all had the reinforcements either, but every set always depicts this feature, and sometimes not very well.
Monsoon
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, May 15, 2020 - 01:00 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I just checked the prices. No way.

$30 per figure? A 1/35 scale figure?

Yeah, that's gonna be a no from me, dawg.
Monsoon
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, May 15, 2020 - 01:02 PM UTC

Quoted Text

But what ww2 Europe time period are these paratrooper's uniforms for? Normandy? Holland? Oeration Varsity? I have trouble distinguishing airborne uniforms but I am told that there were different jackets and pants trousers for each of the big three jumps.

18 Bravo is right. This is the M1942 used in Normandy (and some dudes from the 82nd wore them in Holland). The M1943 was used in Holland and Varsity

Check out atthefront.com. They sell reenactors uniforms and it has great pics and info.
Taeuss
Visit this Community
Manitoba, Canada
KitMaker: 3,791 posts
Armorama: 3,778 posts
Posted: Saturday, May 16, 2020 - 11:47 AM UTC
These H3 figures are way beyond a mere "wow!"; they effectively redefine what can be done. They're amazing and make all of the rest of my stuff sick-looking in comparison. That being said those, at least, are paid for.
Biggles2
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 7,600 posts
Armorama: 6,110 posts
Posted: Sunday, May 17, 2020 - 11:17 AM UTC
Is that a young-ish Matt Damon, center rear?
bill_c
Staff MemberCampaigns Administrator
MODEL SHIPWRIGHTS
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 10,553 posts
Armorama: 8,109 posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 27, 2020 - 02:41 AM UTC
$30 is a bit steep, but the quality is fantastic. Not sure the complaints about Normandy. That and Bastogne are effectively the most-likely dios these would be used in. So I would much rather have D-Day than later. Excellent news.
SmallSoldier
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 93 posts
Armorama: 91 posts
Posted: Sunday, May 31, 2020 - 03:00 PM UTC
These are really nice but I agree, at 30 dollars a pop I'd be surprised if he sells even 1.
Maki
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Croatia Hrvatska
Posted: Sunday, May 31, 2020 - 05:53 PM UTC

Quoted Text

These are really nice but I agree, at 30 dollars a pop I'd be surprised if he sells even 1.

Oh, I think these will sell pretty well.

You have to remember these are sold as 3D printed figures, not resin copies. So, they are more expensive. But look at the details delivered, no printing imperfections even in high magnification, no need for surface prep (i.e. sanding seam lines or filling air bubbles)... so I would say these have quite a few advantages over what we usually think of as "scale figures".

Mario
 _GOTOTOP