_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Allied - WWII
Armor and ground forces of the Allied forces during World War II.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Re: Voyager PE
fenwood
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 76 posts
Armorama: 51 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 19, 2020 - 06:14 PM UTC
I hope I am in the right Forum. My question is. Will the Voyager PE 35644.for the AFV Club M42A1 Duster late model fit the Tamiya M42 Duster. Because of the difficulty of receiving items from o/s to here in Australia, the only PE I can get is from within Australia, and it is only the Voyager PE for the AFV model..
So before I buy I need to know will it work?
Nate_W
Visit this Community
Missouri, United States
KitMaker: 395 posts
Armorama: 391 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 19, 2020 - 06:24 PM UTC
Hey Tony,

I wish I could speak specifically to the Duster sets in question, but I’ve never even built one, unfortunately. I will say that I have ordered brand specific PE sets from voyager and made them work on other brands. I’ve done the same thing with zimmerit sets. It’s a challenge and your modification skills may have to come out but it may be easily adaptable. I wish I could say for certain, I hope it works out, or you’re able to get the set you need.

Edit: I think you should go for it man. I checked my local store (Spruebrothers) and they’re sold out of the Eduard Tamiya M42 detail set, otherwise, I’d grab it tomorrow and UPS it to ya if NZ would even accept it. I’ve looked over the photos of both the Tamiya and AFV kit and referenced the Voyager photos, I think you could do this, just have some sprue cutters or precision tools on hand in case you need to make some precise cuts to the fender, superstructure or hull.
fenwood
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
Posted: Tuesday, May 19, 2020 - 07:41 PM UTC
Nathan, thank you for your prompt reply. I appreciate the offer... but there would be a problem if you sent it to NZ, I am in Queensland ,Oz. I still appreciate the offer.LOL. I believe that's what they put.(LOL) I usually just go, ha,ha. Anyway enough idle chatter. I think I might go with your suggestion and buy the product.
Once again thanks for the input.
varanusk
Staff MemberManaging Editor
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Santa Cruz de Tenerife, Spain / España
KitMaker: 1,288 posts
Armorama: 942 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 19, 2020 - 09:20 PM UTC
Looking at the photos of the finished model with this set ( http://www.voyagermodel.com/productdetails.asp?itemid=PE35644 ), seems to me that the only area where you could find troubles is the fenders. The rest "should" be usable despite potential different size of parts.
Vodnik
Visit this Community
Warszawa, Poland
KitMaker: 4,342 posts
Armorama: 3,938 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 19, 2020 - 09:24 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Looking at the photos of the finished model with this set ( http://www.voyagermodel.com/productdetails.asp?itemid=PE35644 ), seems to me that the only area where you could find troubles is the fenders. The rest "should" be usable despite potential different size of parts.

Fenders are not part of the basic set anyway, they are in separate PE set...
varanusk
Staff MemberManaging Editor
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Santa Cruz de Tenerife, Spain / España
KitMaker: 1,288 posts
Armorama: 942 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 19, 2020 - 11:20 PM UTC
I hate when they show different sets on the same photo without a clear warning

Sorry for the misinformation, and thanks for pointing it out Pawel.
fenwood
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
Posted: Wednesday, May 20, 2020 - 11:49 AM UTC
No problems about the misinformation. I thought the same thing. Surely it would be part of the package, it certainly looks like it. O, well will have to rethink it. I will use the kit fenders and see how everything else works.
Thanks for your help.
Removed by original poster on 05/20/20 - 23:52:59 (GMT).
Removed by original poster on 05/20/20 - 23:55:29 (GMT).
fenwood
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
Posted: Wednesday, May 20, 2020 - 11:58 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Fenders are not part of the basic set anyway, they are in separate PE set...

O!! I thought it would have been part of it. O well I will check it out a have to use the original fenders. Working out too expensive to buy the fenders separately. The Tamiya kit is not up to standard.
 _GOTOTOP