_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Axis - WWII
Armor and ground forces of the Axis forces during World War II.
Hosted by Darren Baker
DAK use of UE trailers
namengr
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 332 posts
Armorama: 328 posts
Posted: Saturday, June 06, 2020 - 12:50 PM UTC
Evening all, I've been getting an interest in the North African vehicles and was wondering if the Germans used any of the French UE trailers? I have the Tamiya and Mirage kits and was thinking one of them might look good behind a Panzer 1 or 2. Anybody know if they were used? Thanks, Wayne
petbat
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 3,353 posts
Armorama: 3,121 posts
Posted: Saturday, June 06, 2020 - 01:43 PM UTC
Hi Wayne. They were used in France, but I doubt any went to Africa. That would require shipping them out of France and then having them re-assigned for shipping again from there. They carried so little it would be not worth the effort, trucks being a mainstay of Rommel's forces (supplemented by captured vehicles).
namengr
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 332 posts
Armorama: 328 posts
Posted: Saturday, June 06, 2020 - 02:08 PM UTC
Thanks for the reply. I didn't know if possibly the French had any in their colonies over there and I saw that Bronco has a kit of a captured British tank pulling one, but wasn't sure what it was based on. They make a kit with a fuel tank with pump which is what I was looking toward. Maybe a picture will pop up, who knows. Wayne
panamadan
Visit this Community
Minnesota, United States
KitMaker: 1,513 posts
Armorama: 1,449 posts
Posted: Saturday, June 06, 2020 - 02:26 PM UTC
I've seen photos of one being used by the Germans in Tunisia.
petbat
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 3,353 posts
Armorama: 3,121 posts
Posted: Saturday, June 06, 2020 - 03:45 PM UTC
Bronco released the A13 and Panzer 2 Flamingo kits with the UE trailer included. There is evidence that at least one A13 attached to the Flamingo unit - Panzer Abt (Flamm) 100 - was fitted with a tow hook for the trailer (as well as Panzer 2 Ausf D tracks like the panzer 2's in the unit....)

The trailers were not exclusive to the Renault UE either - Lorraine .
 _GOTOTOP