_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
News
Border: Pz.Kpfw. IV Ausf. H Early / Mid
tatbaqui
Staff MemberNews Writer
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Metro Manila, Philippines
KitMaker: 2,713 posts
Armorama: 2,451 posts
Posted: Sunday, June 07, 2020 - 12:29 AM UTC

Another Panzer IV is set to roll off the Border model factory – a kit that provides an option to build a vehicle of the 12. SS Panzer-Division Hitlerjugend that fought in the Battle of Caen.

Read the Full News Story

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
phil2015
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 502 posts
Armorama: 325 posts
Posted: Sunday, June 07, 2020 - 02:42 AM UTC

Nice. Glad to see crew figures supplied too.
d111298pw
Visit this Community
Oklahoma, United States
KitMaker: 654 posts
Armorama: 638 posts
Posted: Monday, June 08, 2020 - 11:15 PM UTC
The Auf. H was only built for 10 months (May '43-Feb '44). The pic, of the PE Schurzen, looks to be the Type II version. This was introduced in September 1943. Any early version would require the Type I Schurzen. Not sure if they are including both types in the box.
Taeuss
Visit this Community
Manitoba, Canada
KitMaker: 3,791 posts
Armorama: 3,778 posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 09, 2020 - 05:50 AM UTC
I completely understand that a new company needs to make the maximum use of molds but, let's see, they have now something like four or five variations on the same kit; there isn't much outside the commander's hatch to differentiate between a late G and an early H (or Mid, for that matter) and little on the J outside of exhaust systems, etc. I would have liked a new kit like a really nice Pz III or Marder; it isn't like they can't as they offer a really nice-looking Leopard 2 kit as well. Kind of tired at splitting hairs, I guess. Oh, what the heck, bring it on and let the market decide. Still, I hope that the metal gun barrel offered here is not the disappointment that I experienced on my "G" which barely resembled the picture or illustrations and for which the company offered no recourse when I contacted them on it.
Nate_W
Visit this Community
Missouri, United States
KitMaker: 395 posts
Armorama: 391 posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 09, 2020 - 08:02 AM UTC
Yes! This is the one I've been waiting for. My favorite tank. The big kicker, for me, is that incredible grenadier machine gunner posted up on the rear! What an incredible little incentive that will have me buying this on day one.
 _GOTOTOP