_GOTOBOTTOM
Site Talk
Site announcements, comments, or feedback about the site.
Problems loading site 2.0
Scarred
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 1,792 posts
Armorama: 1,186 posts
Posted: Monday, June 08, 2020 - 03:45 AM UTC
Site wasn't loading yesterday evening and early morning today and for the past few days it has taken up to 2 minutes to load a forum page.

Anyone, besides me, still seeing problems? 3 OS's, 4 browsers 3 computers and a tablet all with problems.

barnslayer
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 102 posts
Armorama: 102 posts
Posted: Monday, June 08, 2020 - 03:54 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Site wasn't loading yesterday evening and early morning today and for the past few days it has taken up to 2 minutes to load a forum page.

Anyone, besides me, still seeing problems? 3 OS's, 4 browsers 3 computers and a tablet all with problems.

I had the same problem last night and this morning. Site wouldn't load.
Kevlar06
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 3,670 posts
Armorama: 2,052 posts
Posted: Monday, June 08, 2020 - 04:15 AM UTC
Yep, same problem, different day. I usually wake at about 0600 daily, and check my favorite modeling sites. Better than reading continual dismal news. Yesterday, everything was fine until about 1500 PST, then things just stopped loading at Kitmaker. It got a bit better by 0600 this AM, but was still slow loading. This has been a steady off and on problem for a year or more now. I guess it’s because this is probably the most popular internet modeling site. Guess we’ll just have to get used to it. Or stop using it.
VR, Russ
vettejack
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 1,277 posts
Armorama: 1,254 posts
Posted: Monday, June 08, 2020 - 06:58 AM UTC
Makes me wonder if there is an infection of the site readying itself like a Trojan Horse. I've experienced this lag, and not loading, for a better part of over 8 months...and it does not seem to be any better. Had the delays this morning to well over 11 am (EASTERN), and I first tickled the site about 7 am...while waiting to load my work day. Any re-assurances from the keepers of the keys???
barnslayer
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 102 posts
Armorama: 102 posts
Posted: Monday, June 08, 2020 - 07:03 AM UTC
It's kinda sluggish right now. 15:03 EST
Scarred
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 1,792 posts
Armorama: 1,186 posts
Posted: Monday, June 08, 2020 - 07:06 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Yep, same problem, different day. I usually wake at about 0600 daily, and check my favorite modeling sites. Better than reading continual dismal news. Yesterday, everything was fine until about 1500 PST, then things just stopped loading at Kitmaker. It got a bit better by 0600 this AM, but was still slow loading. This has been a steady off and on problem for a year or more now. I guess it’s because this is probably the most popular internet modeling site. Guess we’ll just have to get used to it. Or stop using it.
VR, Russ

'Or stop using it'?

Sacrilege!!!! The only thing you could have said that would be worse would be 'moving to Facebook'.
Kevlar06
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, June 08, 2020 - 07:38 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

VR, Russ

'Or stop using it'?

Sacrilege!!!! The only thing you could have said that would be worse would be 'moving to Facebook'.

Well, I won’t move to Facebook, that’s for sure. But I’ve lately toyed with dropping away for awhile. Call it Internet burn out, or just tired of the recurring issues with Kitmaker, I’m finding it increasingly tiresome to want to connect with my favorite 24/7 modeling site only to have it show me an error code, “server not responding”, or an incomplete blue connection line for endless minutes at a time. Coupled with the fact I’m temporarily incapacitated due to ill health AND being an old curmudgeon, it all adds up to an increasing lack of patience with anything electronic. Having said that, I’m not quite there yet (or “all there” for that matter I suppose!).
VR, Russ
barkingdigger
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 3,981 posts
Armorama: 3,403 posts
Posted: Monday, June 08, 2020 - 07:50 AM UTC
Jim has said the platform and server are reaching the end of their lifespan, and is looking for something modern to move Kitmaker to, so we may have to put up with the site being even more grumpy than me on a Monday morning until he finds the right solution! Sorry...
SpeedyJ
Visit this Community
Bangkok, Thailand / ไทย
KitMaker: 1,617 posts
Armorama: 1,150 posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 09, 2020 - 12:14 AM UTC
Yep, having the same problems to access the site.
Attempts as from this afternoon, failed until 7:10PM. But remains slow uploading pictures.

Robert Jan
RobinNilsson
Staff MemberTOS Moderator
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Stockholm, Sweden
KitMaker: 6,693 posts
Armorama: 5,562 posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 09, 2020 - 12:39 AM UTC
Mornings
RobinNilsson
Staff MemberTOS Moderator
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Stockholm, Sweden
KitMaker: 6,693 posts
Armorama: 5,562 posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 09, 2020 - 12:41 AM UTC

Quoted Text

.... AND being an old curmudgeon, it all adds up to an increasing lack of patience with anything electronic. Having said that, I’m not quite there yet (or “all there” for that matter I suppose!).
VR, Russ

Turn off the computer, pull a box from the stash and start building
Armorsmith
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 1,063 posts
Armorama: 1,000 posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 09, 2020 - 12:54 AM UTC
Bravo Robin!
Kevlar06
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, June 09, 2020 - 06:13 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

.... AND being an old curmudgeon, it all adds up to an increasing lack of patience with anything electronic. Having said that, I’m not quite there yet (or “all there” for that matter I suppose!).
VR, Russ

Turn off the computer, pull a box from the stash and start building

Oh I’ve been building, when I can. But lately health has gotten in the way of workbench time. It’s times when I can’t get to the bench (especially when I can’t sleep at night) I miss Kitmaker the most— and lately that’s been a lot. I’m awaiting a joint replacement, but Covid-19 has held that up somewhat. But maybe next month I’ll trade in some old bones for new ones in “the ultimate kit bash”.
☠️😆
VR, Russ
 _GOTOTOP