_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
News
Border: Panzer III Family
varanusk
Staff MemberManaging Editor
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Santa Cruz de Tenerife, Spain / Espaņa
KitMaker: 1,288 posts
Armorama: 942 posts
Posted: Thursday, July 09, 2020 - 07:30 PM UTC

Border joins the party announcing also a family of Panzer III

Read the Full News Story

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
m4sherman
Visit this Community
Arizona, United States
KitMaker: 1,866 posts
Armorama: 1,808 posts
Posted: Friday, July 10, 2020 - 12:09 AM UTC
Sigh, I like the idea of more PZ III. Hopefully the tip of an iceberg and more will be coming.
obg153
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 1,063 posts
Armorama: 1,049 posts
Posted: Friday, July 10, 2020 - 05:59 AM UTC
Crikey!! RFM and now Border!?!?! Hopefully the competition will result in some fine, updated kits, though my wallet may never recover.
azadro
KitMaker: 47 posts
Armorama: 46 posts
Posted: Friday, July 10, 2020 - 06:06 AM UTC
I would like to see a bergepanzer III...
petbat
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 3,353 posts
Armorama: 3,121 posts
Posted: Friday, July 10, 2020 - 10:00 AM UTC
At least it is not another 'one of a kind' but I would like to see something really exiting other than the Panzer 3 of which there are already several.... and more coming.

Don't get me wrong, I love a panzer as much as the next builder, but there are so many other vehicles not done or that we could do with more up to date kits, which if built would not put the manufacturers in competition for the same $.

If you really want to impress in WW2, how about an Australian Sentinel! Okay personal preference there, but what about vehicles due for updates like the Panzerwerfer 42, Hellcat, Crusader, M39, early LVT's, M29 Weasel, etc. Or vehicles long over due in 1/35th styrene form like the Daimler Armoured car, M5 Half tracks, Terrapin, Sherman Crab and Duplex Drive, etc... or the long promised never delivered M8 GMC.

Takom's FV 432, M47's, US T30 and Chieftains and AFV Club Centurions and M60's as well as Miniarts T54 nd T55's all show a strong market for Cold War vehicles. Why not start looking at options there

Abbott
Saracen & Stalwart (and a better Saladin)
Ferret (how many versions?)
Lynx
CVR(t) (later versions of Scorpion and Scimitar)
New M107, M110, etc.
M37. M41, M43 and M44 HMC
M56 Scorpion
Early Leopard 1 - it is due for an update

Then the Warsaw pact vehicles

...okay you get my drift.... no need to go on..

GazzaS
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 4,648 posts
Armorama: 2,248 posts
Posted: Friday, July 10, 2020 - 04:42 PM UTC

Quoted Text

At least it is not another 'one of a kind' but I would like to see something really exiting other than the Panzer 3 of which there are already several.... and more coming.

Don't get me wrong, I love a panzer as much as the next builder, but there are so many other vehicles not done or that we could do with more up to date kits, which if built would not put the manufacturers in competition for the same $.

If you really want to impress in WW2, how about an Australian Sentinel! Okay personal preference there, but what about vehicles due for updates like the Panzerwerfer 42, Hellcat, Crusader, M39, early LVT's, M29 Weasel, etc. Or vehicles long over due in 1/35th styrene form like the Daimler Armoured car, M5 Half tracks, Terrapin, Sherman Crab and Duplex Drive, etc... or the long promised never delivered M8 GMC.

Takom's FV 432, M47's, US T30 and Chieftains and AFV Club Centurions and M60's as well as Miniarts T54 nd T55's all show a strong market for Cold War vehicles. Why not start looking at options there

Abbott
Saracen & Stalwart (and a better Saladin)
Ferret (how many versions?)
Lynx
CVR(t) (later versions of Scorpion and Scimitar)
New M107, M110, etc.
M37. M41, M43 and M44 HMC
M56 Scorpion
Early Leopard 1 - it is due for an update

Then the Warsaw pact vehicles

...okay you get my drift.... no need to go on..

petbat
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 3,353 posts
Armorama: 3,121 posts
Posted: Friday, July 10, 2020 - 07:19 PM UTC
Go slap your S flag and Afrika Corp figures on your Leo 2 Gaz...

I'll worry when the violin you play looks like this:

Taeuss
Visit this Community
Manitoba, Canada
KitMaker: 3,791 posts
Armorama: 3,778 posts
Posted: Sunday, July 12, 2020 - 03:13 PM UTC
I'm with the guy on the Bergepanzer III, especially if it comes with that huge recovery hook. I've built a Bergepanzer III already but that hook is something that I never got around to making so I'm in for a kit that offers it.
 _GOTOTOP