_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
PHOTOS
Steel Panther
ColinEdm
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 1,355 posts
Armorama: 1,229 posts
Posted: Sunday, July 19, 2020 - 02:48 PM UTC
Francisco Gutierrez shares some pictures of his steel wheeled Panther A in 1/35.

Link to Item

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
bill_c
Staff MemberCampaigns Administrator
MODEL SHIPWRIGHTS
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 10,553 posts
Armorama: 8,109 posts
Posted: Monday, July 20, 2020 - 09:00 AM UTC
Really well-done.
Taeuss
Visit this Community
Manitoba, Canada
KitMaker: 3,791 posts
Armorama: 3,778 posts
Posted: Monday, July 20, 2020 - 01:54 PM UTC
Yes, it is really well done; only problem is that that isn't a steel-wheeled Panther. Looks like regular wheels to me; notice they're dished and not flat with prominent bolts around the perimeter. Heck, it looks like you even painted the rubber rims on them! Doesn't detract that you did a great job on it; its just not a steel-wheel Panther, that's all.
FrancisGL
Visit this Community
Cordoba, Spain / Espaņa
KitMaker: 14 posts
Armorama: 14 posts
Posted: Monday, July 20, 2020 - 07:50 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Really well-done.

Hi Bill, many thanks for your kind words, i'm glad you like it.
Cheers and TC
FrancisGL
Visit this Community
Cordoba, Spain / Espaņa
Posted: Monday, July 20, 2020 - 08:26 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Yes, it is really well done; only problem is that that isn't a steel-wheeled Panther. Looks like regular wheels to me; notice they're dished and not flat with prominent bolts around the perimeter. Heck, it looks like you even painted the rubber rims on them! Doesn't detract that you did a great job on it; its just not a steel-wheel Panther, that's all.

Hi Frank,

many thanks for your kind and accurat comments, i'm glad that in spite of everything you like it.
You are right, there is a photo, the first one, which is how it was about 5 years ago, and that it was my first model back to the hobby for about 25 years, in which it is evident that there is no metal on the wheels, obviously, no I knew it, hence the error.
When I revisited it, one of the things I touched on was the running gear, but the product used, from what I see, was not the right one, as it is too dark, along with the intense weathering, which makes it "not shine".
I have another rear Panther finished, in 3 tones, and this one does have "metal" wheels, because I used a "metallic" finish, which according to the light it reflects, shines like a knife or sword.
I do not know if it will be excessive, hence the fear that it seems something "strange" and not having used it in this Panther.
In any case, thank you very much for your time to see and comment.
Cheers and TC
flatfour
Visit this Community
England - East Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 21 posts
Armorama: 11 posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 09, 2020 - 11:32 PM UTC
Great work, I've been building models for years but, have just recently come back to the hobby after some years away. Work like this is so inspirational. Thanks for sharing it with us. Watto.
FrancisGL
Visit this Community
Cordoba, Spain / Espaņa
Posted: Friday, October 09, 2020 - 10:20 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Great work, I've been building models for years but, have just recently come back to the hobby after some years away. Work like this is so inspirational. Thanks for sharing it with us. Watto.

Hi Flatfour,

Many thanks for your kind words, i'm glad you like it. Welcome back to hobby. It is a pleasure to share my work with other modelers, I hope to see something of yours soon on the forum.
Cheers and TC
Francis
 _GOTOTOP