Hosted by Darren Baker
Meng FV510 Warrior TES(H) anti-slip
philhendry
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 57 posts
Armorama: 56 posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 29, 2020 - 10:03 PM UTC
I'm planning to build the above, and have been collecting pictures to try to see what I need to change/superdetail... What I have noticed, which I hadn't thought about until I started seriously hunting for info, is anti-slip - two photos I found (over on Plain Military) showing the vehicle nose and the driver's hatch, show anti-slip in those areas. It's not really rough, like a Merkava, but it's there, and I should prbably try to reproduce at least the 'feel' of it being there. The trouble is, other than those two areas, I don't actually know where it was applied... Does anyone have detailed photos, or a diagram, showing the areas with anti-slip. There are a few photos in the Tankograd booklet (In Detail Fast Track 11) which show it - on the turret hatches and gun mantlet, but most of the photos are too far away to show definitively where it is and where it isn't. If I can't find out, I'll just leave it off... The aforementioned Tankograd book shows that it isn't that noticeable unless you get close up!

Thanks,
Phil
RobinNilsson
Staff MemberTOS Moderator
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Stockholm, Sweden
KitMaker: 6,693 posts
Armorama: 5,562 posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 29, 2020 - 10:10 PM UTC
Could it be in the same locations as for a plain vanilla Warrior?
philhendry
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 57 posts
Armorama: 56 posts
Posted: Thursday, July 30, 2020 - 12:52 AM UTC
Presumably yes - if I knew what those were! Plus, there clearly is some on the new nose armour.
 _GOTOTOP