_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
Are there really no hobby shops in Vegas?
Kenaicop
Visit this Community
Nevada, United States
KitMaker: 1,426 posts
Armorama: 1,316 posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 01, 2020 - 05:05 AM UTC
If you’re really dedicated there’s always Brookhurst Hobbies in Garden Grove CA. 4 hour drive from Vegas, opens at 11 am, leave at 7 am, shop for an hour, get some lunch, back on the road and home for dinner
m75
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 666 posts
Armorama: 661 posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 02, 2020 - 03:54 AM UTC
I don't know.... I've been to Brookhurst Hobbies a few times, and I don't think one hour would be enough! But I would say that adding the Burbank House of Hobbies to the trip would then make it a worth-while journey.
sfctur1
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 643 posts
Armorama: 497 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 17, 2020 - 10:08 AM UTC
I used to always stop in the Hobby Shop in Vegas when I go to the NASCAR race. I was always able to find some stuff to buy. Very sad that another Hobby Shop bit the dust
stikpusher
Visit this Community
Arizona, United States
KitMaker: 83 posts
Armorama: 79 posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 18, 2020 - 05:11 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I don't know.... I've been to Brookhurst Hobbies a few times, and I don't think one hour would be enough! But I would say that adding the Burbank House of Hobbies to the trip would then make it a worth-while journey.

Then you’re talking adding a one to two hour drive in between those two shops, depending upon the traffic on the 5. If you’re at Brookhurst, check out Military Hobbies in Orange for a side visit.
Bravo36
Visit this Community
Arizona, United States
KitMaker: 247 posts
Armorama: 229 posts
Posted: Thursday, November 19, 2020 - 02:21 AM UTC
Andy’s Hobby Headquarters NorthWest of Phoenix is a great place. And his YouTube channel is also good. The drive may be longer, but the traffic is much easier to take.
JmeDubya
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 124 posts
Armorama: 124 posts
Posted: Friday, November 20, 2020 - 09:58 AM UTC
Brookhurst is an awesome shop. It and Military Hobbies were about 20min from the old house. Coming in from east you could make a loop of Pegasus in Montclair, Tonys in Baldwin Park, Brukhurst in Garden grove and Military Hobbies on way back out the 91...

Daughter is still in Costa Mesa, so I’ll get back once in a while. Andy’s might make for an interesting drive, thanks for suggestion. Didn’t even think about that one...
 _GOTOTOP