_GOTOBOTTOM
Яusso-Soviэt Forum
Russian or Soviet vehicles/armor modeling forum.
Where to find trumpeter T64 workable track?
TopSmith
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 1,742 posts
Armorama: 1,658 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 13, 2020 - 02:40 AM UTC
I have scowered my normal resources for Trumpeters workable track TK 21 for the T64 but everyone is out of stock. I do not use ebay and rely on actual retailers I can call. Anyone Have a source that might have them?
tnker101
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 117 posts
Armorama: 115 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 13, 2020 - 03:52 AM UTC
https://www.mmodelstore.com/gaz-aaaba-6ba-10-wheels-1-1-1-1-1-1-1.aspx
I'm not a big Russian guy so I'm not sure if these fit the bill. Also Sprue brothers has Friulmodel T-64 tracks.
TopSmith
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 1,742 posts
Armorama: 1,658 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 13, 2020 - 04:01 AM UTC
Thanks. I was wanting the trumpeter workable track but as you suggested I may have to find other options.
BootsDMS
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 978 posts
Armorama: 965 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 13, 2020 - 04:10 AM UTC
Greg,

Perhaps I haven't stressed it sufficiently (in my other comments re your other T-64 post) but in my opinion - with the caveat that I haven't a Trumpeter T-64 kit in my possession - I'm pretty sure that the Trumpeter link and length will be good enough for your plans.

Their kits are pretty good and to be honest, unless you're hell bent for whatever reason on separate links I would say go with what the kit comes with.

If you must have their separate links then fair enough but I wouldn't necessarily eschew eBay; every time I've purchased from them all has been well.

I am sure the Friuls will be admirable - they normally are - but in this case I suspect you may not need them; perhaps other T-64 aficionados have their views?

Incidentally, the Trumpeter links are fairly widely available here in UK.

Brian
MassimoTessitori
Visit this Community
Italy
KitMaker: 278 posts
Armorama: 278 posts
Posted: Friday, August 14, 2020 - 05:47 AM UTC
I hadn't difficulty using the original track of the kit, just the links have to be bent by live force where they they roll up on some wheel.
 _GOTOTOP