_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
Review
Hobby Boss: IDF Puma AEV
CMOT
Staff MemberEditor-in-Chief
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 10,954 posts
Armorama: 8,571 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 18, 2020 - 09:11 AM UTC

Darren Baker takes a look at the latest offering of the IDF Puma AEV from Hobby Boss in 1/35th scale, and is largely pleased with what he finds.

Read the Review

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
philhendry
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 57 posts
Armorama: 56 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 18, 2020 - 10:59 PM UTC
I am about half-way through building this. Mostly, it's pretty nice. I have run into a snag though. The pivots for the Carpet rocket-launcher appear to be in about the right place, as does the launcher end of the hydraulic elevation ram - however, I discovered, possibly too late, that the end where it fastens to the vehicle is in the wrong place, so that the only orientation you can mount the launcher is with rockets vertical... Unless, of course, I've done something horribly wrong.

Oh, and the chains are slightly too short if you make them the length they suggest - I found I needed one more link to make it fit right. The roller assembly is fiddly enough, without the chains being too short!
CMOT
Staff MemberEditor-in-Chief
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 10,954 posts
Armorama: 8,571 posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 19, 2020 - 10:08 AM UTC
I thought there were different set ups in the instructions for stowed or deployed!.
Taeuss
Visit this Community
Manitoba, Canada
KitMaker: 3,791 posts
Armorama: 3,778 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 20, 2020 - 12:52 PM UTC
Another interesting IDF offering. Never a dull moment there where armour is concerned.
 _GOTOTOP