Kancali
Vendor
KANCALI
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 152 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 20, 2004 - 01:20 AM UTC
Hi! I've been fiddling with this dio for a short period of time. I say fiddling because there is no historical significance behind it- I'm just building it to try some new techniques and I have no specific plans on how it will end up.. just wanted to do something with a warm climate feel. Still needing to fill gaps and weather alot of it.. maybe "green" the water a little bit..
I also would like some input on where you all might think this scene takes place.. Italy, southern France, Greece?? If you have thoughts on the locale please offer a set of figures I might use for it too.. The current ones are temporary.. they are some pre armorama ones i did and will probably be using something else.
I'd rather keep the rubble and blazing guns to a minimum on this scene, so keep that in mind if you suggest some figures.. seeya
wolfsix
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
KitMaker: 754 posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 20, 2004 - 01:53 AM UTC
Kancali

Someplace that you may or may not have thought of. How about Germany. An idea I've been thinking about would work here. A post war dio showing US forces in a German village. As far as a figure set, That I can't help you with, sorry.

Good Luck with the Dio.
Wolfsix
slodder
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 11,718 posts
Armorama: 7,138 posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 20, 2004 - 01:56 AM UTC
Nice, my first thought was Italy, Greece would be cool too.
How about Tamiya's MG Troupes on Maneuvers marching through. Maybe some VP civies doing laundry or playing in the street, walking a cart through etc.
Maybe a Kuble overseeing things.

I like the building - it's quite nice. The street is a bit pink at this point (I know more work to be done).
nato308
Visit this Community
Iowa, United States
KitMaker: 884 posts
Armorama: 609 posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 20, 2004 - 03:56 AM UTC
Nice start, my first thought would be italy, there are a number of fig sets that work for italy dragon comes to mind with german paratroops Sicily. Refer to great models webstore or dragons website to look some more. You should have no troubles finding figs. Good luck!
Plasticbattle
Visit this Community
Donegal, Ireland
KitMaker: 9,763 posts
Armorama: 7,444 posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 20, 2004 - 04:10 AM UTC
My thoughts for location would be France or Italy, and that would be based more on the religious shrine in the well.
Lots of suitable figures. If in Italy, Tristar have a new DAK set out marching and dragon have the Libya (or is that Tunisia) set, that would go together as a troop marching through. Some small suitable vehicles so not to hide the house ... motorbike and side car mabe? Just my 2 pence worth!
The house is amazing! Love the roof detail. I would look into shutters for this also, to really set it off. Who makes this or is it scratched? The climbing bushes are excellent also... what have you used here. Im guessing the roads are your own creations??? Look excellent also and this little dio alone will sell them!! Can you make tiles roofs the same way? That would be a great product!
Kancali
Vendor
KANCALI
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 152 posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 20, 2004 - 02:27 PM UTC
Thanks for the feedback!
I'm guessing i'll proceed with an Italian scene. I have a large horse cart which I was
going to use, but i think the motorcycle idea is better, + it means i get to go buy
something!.. I like the civilian figure idea too.. never have done them before and
would be something different for me..
I'm struggling with the street color. Its photographing more 'pink' than in real life, but im
wondering if the whiteness of the fountain is too much contrast .. I'm gonna try some
shading of both and see what happens.. When i get some more work done I'll post
pics.. Seeya..
mcarlson11
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 7 posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 20, 2004 - 02:35 PM UTC
My first thought was also Italy, before even reading your post. It looks pretty good. Keep up the good work.
IanSadler
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 324 posts
Posted: Saturday, April 24, 2004 - 06:19 AM UTC
hi definetly go with italy , ground colour can be altered by a wash of dirty grey/ brown , leave to dry several days then a light drybrush of several shades of greys and browns , and pick out the odd one or two in dark blue /grey , cobble stones are very hard to describe but they are many shades of the colours i have told you about . cheers ian
Easy_Co
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,933 posts
Armorama: 985 posts
Posted: Sunday, April 25, 2004 - 06:28 AM UTC
I love the building and the road well all of it, is it scratch built or a kit, ive been trying to replicate those roof tiles for ages now, I use corrogated cardboard and poly filla but they dont come out that good
coltm4
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 164 posts
Posted: Sunday, April 25, 2004 - 08:12 PM UTC
I agree - definitely Italy. The tiles on the roof scream it.
How about British Infantry on Partol by Tamiya if you didnt want a German dio? Or, the tamiya (is it?) german field Kitchen set. Front liners coming back to the rear for a hot meal in the weeks before the allies invade or something. Would look good. I was gonna suggest german bicycle troops but looks likeyou already got one in there!
Are you having anything in the house? How about (for the kitchen idea) crates of food and boxes of bread of something - just a thought Or, the dragon panzer grenadiers set (not sure on number) of the Hitler Jugend div. in Normandy. They would look good in Italy too. maybe a parked lorry too but this mught cram the space. Bye
 _GOTOTOP