_GOTOBOTTOM
AFV Painting & Weathering
Answers to questions about the right paint scheme or tips for the right effect.
Not your normal Vallejo Model Air Question
brentwal
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 100 posts
Armorama: 73 posts
Posted: Thursday, September 10, 2020 - 05:08 PM UTC
Been out of the hobby for a while due to my former job, with a few spurts of activity. Yes I know this isn't really armor. but I figured this was the best place to ask.

Long story short. I now work from home as my younger brother's caregiver (he's Down's Syndrome) so I have a large amount of free time. I'm in the process of moving my work area from the basement to a now spare bedroom.

I've been ordering some paint lately, replaced a few that went bad, try a few new things, filling some holes, etc. Ordered Vallejo's USAAC CBI (China-Burma-India) set. When I ordered it I saw it had two colors I already had 71.062 Aluminum and 71.016 USAF Olive Drab ANA 613, I've had at least one of each color from 71.001 to 71.099.

But when I received it today I looked at the old bottle of 71.016 and it said it was US Dark Green, I've been putting some of the paint on top of the caps and sure enough the old is Dark Green and the new's OD. Went on their site and now US Dark Green seems to be 71.289

Anybody know what's going on?

Why the change?

And are there more changes to the line?

I know they added a bunch of new colors.

Brent
Grauwolf
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 2,485 posts
Armorama: 743 posts
Posted: Friday, September 11, 2020 - 02:43 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Anybody know what's going on?

Why the change?

And are there more changes to the line?

Vallejo would be the best source to answer such questions.
Cheers,
Scarred
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 1,792 posts
Armorama: 1,186 posts
Posted: Friday, September 11, 2020 - 07:41 PM UTC
The best thing to do is get their newest catalog:

https://acrylicosvallejo.com/en/downloads/

and cross reference their box sets with the individual bottled paint. Then get the Hobby Color Converter app (Google Play Store, dunno if there is a Apple version) and check the colors against each other. Remember that different displays may make colors appear to be a bit off. But it could show you that they are different shades.
brentwal
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 100 posts
Armorama: 73 posts
Posted: Friday, September 11, 2020 - 08:45 PM UTC
Thanks Patrick, that's sort of my plan for now. I just wish they were like Lifecolor and listed FS#'s for most everything on their site.
varanusk
Staff MemberManaging Editor
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Santa Cruz de Tenerife, Spain / Espaņa
KitMaker: 1,288 posts
Armorama: 942 posts
Posted: Friday, September 11, 2020 - 09:25 PM UTC
Hi,
Their catalogue has FS, RAL, RLM and other references on the right of their own reference:
https://acrylicosvallejo.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/model-air-vallejo-CC071-Rev20.pdf

(very small font, though...)
 _GOTOTOP